Chapter 12

Jihoon's POV

I was excited. Today was the big match. I drove my red truck over to Hyunsuk's house. He didn't like using any of the cars in his house.

The butler opened the door and I ran to his room.

He was tying his shoe laces when I came in.

When he raised his head, I was shocked when I saw him.

"You dyed your hair blonde?" I asked and he bit his lip and nodded nervously.

"You don't like it?" He asked and I shook my head. "It's not that."

Oh shit.

How do you tell a guy, that you know used to like you, that he looks above stunning without sending the wrong signals?

You look beautiful, it brings out your eyes, it highlights how pale you really are and makes your lips so much pinker, and plumper, but bro, no homo.

I mean it didn't make sense even in my imagination, it would be worse in real life.

"You look nice." I said even though it felt like a major understatement.

"Ahhh, Jihoonie I have something for you." He said before opening his wardrobe and giving me a jersey. His jersey.

"I hope you don't find it awkward but I really wanted you to wear this." He said, blushing slightly.

How could this guy be the football captain?

Were did all the jerk jocks go?

My heart started hurting again in a good way and it was harder for me to breathe so I placed my hand on my heart.

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking worried and I shrugged.

"It's nothing. I've just been having issues breathing recently. I'll go to the hospital tomorrow since it's a Saturday." I said and suddenly took off my shirt.

"What?" Hyunsuk squealed before turning away.

"What are you doing?" He asked and I laughed. "Are you shy?" I teased and he grumbled under his breathe.

"Okay open your eyes, I'm all dressed."

He turned and faced me and smiled brightly. I felt the squeeze again but I smiled back. I really needed the hospital.

.

.....

..............

"Thirty minutes into match and both sides still have zero points. Possession is more for the home team though and they both have equal amount of attempts."

I was sitting beside my friends and cheering along.

They had teased me badly for wearing Hyunsuk's jersey, so much that I wanted to just take it off, until Junghwanie reminded me how sad Hyunsuk would be if he saw I wasn't wearing it.

I didn't want to see him sad, I'd done enough of that the past two years.

It was a minute to the end of the second half when a ball was shot at Asahi's post to score a goal.

Ki Jun was right in front.

Since the ball was fairly high, Sahi went for a header but as he was about to Jun used his foot and attempted a high kick and his shoe slammed into Asahi's forehead with extreme force.

Everywhere became deadly silent.

The whistle for half time blew and I watched in absolute worry.

Jaehyuk's POV

As he dropped to the ground, my feet moved before I knew it.

I was there in no time.

"Asahi?" I called gently as I knelt down beside him and placed his head gently on my lap.

There was a deep gash on his forehead and he was bleeding so much.

"Jae?" His voice whispered, even lower than I ever thought possible.

"Don't close your eyes." I begged as the nurse came and he was placed on the stretcher.

I was about to follow him when someone grabbed my hand.

"Jae, the team needs you right now. We need to play the second game."

I looked as he was taken away and I went back to my team.

"I apologize for the uproar. Ki, are you okay?" I asked my member and he nodded.

"The force just made me break a nail, but it doesn't hurt bad, at all."

Feeling bad for not coming for his own check up as a leader, I ruffled his hair in apology and he smiled and accepted.

"You did great today. Okay? You've played well. Do you want to be substituted? Since we don't need you for this half?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yeah. I guess I'm done with what I was called to do."

I smiled and patted his back.

After all, it was just an accident.

Jihoon's POV

"Wow, guess we overrated Jaehyuk's friendship with Asahi." Jeongwoo said and I raised my eyebrow.

"Why?" I asked and he shrugged.

"He didn't even go and make sure he was okay. He cares more about the game."

I shook my head.

We knew Jaehyuk very well as he is our cousin and he always comes to stay with us sometimes.

Even if his family is rather high class, he is so sweet and humble.

He cares about everyone.

"He is a leader Woo, a good leader doesn't let his emotions get in the way of his decisions."

When the match restarted again, I sighed.

Jeongwoo was right.

The opposing team had substituted the guy who hurt Asahi and brought in new striker.

Ten minutes into the match and he had scored a goal.

I gritted my teeth.

Jaehyuk was still using this deadass strategy of taking away the strong point of his opponent before bringing in his own best player. Unfair.

The match was tight. Twenty minutes in and it was 1_1.

Hyunsuk had scored the next goal and I was so happy, I stood up screaming my head off.

"You are whipped you know." Junkyu said and I glared at him.

"Shut the hell up."

____________________________________

Sorry guys. It was a double update as usual but I didn't know it didn't post. Sorry about that.

Love Chilli 💜