Take the floor?

"So your tag teaming now?"

I jump to cover my chest as I turn to the voice at my door. I was in the middle of getting changed out of my wet beach clothes. Jace is leaning against the door frame, her cargo pants hanging off her hips. I could see the Calvin Klein logo from her boxers that were peaking out from behind her waistband.

"Belly?"

Shit. Being weird again.

"Tag teaming?"

Jace smirks and cocks her head.

"Your date with Jere?"

Date? My stomach turns at the thought. It wasn't a date. All we did was drive to the beach, have a picnic and then sorta intimate hug while we were in the water. Wait....oh god.

"It wasn't a date."

Jace shrugs and shakes her head.

"I mean, do you Belly. It's not like I can tell you who to dat-"

"It wasn't a date. I promise."

I wanted her to know. To understand. Me and Jere weren't like that. He was my best friend. I don't know why I'm being so defensive but I had to make it clear. Jace nods and stands up straight. She walks to her bag that was sitting in the small corner of the room. She never wanted to take up too much space. She opens it and rummages through her things. I adjust my half on top and watch her. Her hair was still as frizzy as I remembered. There were tiny braids inbetween the frizz. Each one had a little red string tied in with it. She always found a way to be just that much cooler. She seems to find what she needs and quickly stuffs it in her pocket.

"I'll let you get changed."

She walks past me, keeping her eyes to the floor. She's at the door by the time I get the nerve to speak.

"You wanna share the bed?"

She pauses and turns to me. My heart feels weirdly heavy in my chest as I watch her.

"No it's ok. I'll just sleep on the floor."

"Absolutely not."

She's crazy if she think I'll let her be uncomfortable.

"We've slept together before. It'll be like old times."

Slept together. Bad wording. Her face goes a little pale before she nods.

"Ok. Cool."

"Cool."

She stays standing in the doorway. My arm is still over my chest. My straps have fallen and I get an image in my head if me dropping my arm, exposing my chest. God no. Absolutely not. Why am I thinking this??

"I'll come lay down in a few."

She turns and quickly walks down the hallway. I hear the bathroom door close and I immediately shut my own. I finally feel like I can breathe. I quickly strip off my wet clothes and put on my favorite pjs. I get comfortable under the covers, leaving the other side open for her. I don't actually lay down yet. My ears stay high alert for any sound of her coming down the hallway. The door to the bathroom shuts again and I quickly grab my phone, trying to make it seem like I was busy on it.

"Who you texting?"

Shit.

"Uh Taylor. She's asking about how it's going so far."

Her face grimaces.

"Your still friends with that girl?"

"That girl?"

"Yea. She's a total bitch."

Jace isn't completely wrong. But I still feel an overwhelming need to protect Taylor.

"She's not a bitch. She's just...opinionated."

"That's code for B I T C H."

My mouth open and then closes. Jace raises her eyebrow at me and I roll my eyes. Whatever. She takes off her rings and sits on the edge of her side. Her shirt is oversized and falls over her shoulders perfectly. Her hair is tied into a bun, a few loose strands sticking out. The sun light of my bedside lamp made her look absolutely stunning. I wish I looked that good getting ready for bed. She brings the covers over herself and we both lay with our backs on the headboard. The silence is deafening. What were we supposed to do? It had been so long since we'd slept in the same bed. Shared the same space. We had grown and changed in so many ways. So what the hell were we supposed to do?

"Do you want me to turn off the light or?"

"Yea. Sure."

Jace flicks off the lamp and the room goes dark. The only silver of light is from the moon outside my window, shining on her face. Her skin flowed and her eyes brightened under the light. I was feeling incredibly hot. I shifted underneath the covers and laid my head onto the pillow, facing towards the window.

"Night Jace."

I hear the pillow blanket shuffle on her side and I feel her leg touch mine. She's quiet and doesn't move. God I hope she doesn't move.

"Night Belly."

Her leg moves away and I squeeze my eyes shut. Some part of me was begging for...something. I wanted to feel her skin on mine again. The warmth of her body drove me crazy. We were so close, but too far. I kept my eyes shut and let myself fall asleep to image of her. Just her.