Bonfire

"You look pretty."

Jaces voices comes from behind me as she grabs a ring she left on my nightstand. I look at myself in the mirror. Taylor's pink dress is shaping my hips, making me wanna throw a jacket over myself. I direct my eyes to Jaces behind me, her gaze stuck on the back of me. Was she looking at my ass? I feel a sudden tingling throughout my body. My ears get hot and I grab my dark grey sweater from my bed. I slip it on and see Jace turn back to her boots that are sitting on the floor. Why did I keep feeling like...that? Whenever she looked at me a certain way it touched me in a certain place. It was like my head blanked and I wanted her off of me so it would stop. But everytime she did stop, I wanted the blankness again. I found myself waiting for it. I don't know what is wrong with me.

"Don't get all self conscious. You have an ass to die for and for once, Taylor did something right by giving you that dress."

Jace winks at me in the mirror and my eyes widen. She was looking at my ass. I wrap the sweater around me tightly and turn to her. Her eyes scan my face, probably trying to find out why I was acting so odd. Her crop top and cargo shorts showed a lot of skin. A belly button ring peeks out from under the blue shirt. God damn she was hot.

"Bee? You good?"

I blink and try not to hit myself for starting at her belly button. Who the hell stares at someone's belly button?

"Yea I'm fine. Just didn't notice the new jewelry."

I point to her stomach and a smile appears on her face. She had nice teeth.

"Yep. Mother and Father were not happy about my "bodily mutation". But fuck that, I look sexy with my piercings."

Jace laughs and I nod my head. She definitely did. Not that I thought she was sexy. Just in a friend way. A total friend way.

"Steven said that their waiting in the car for us."

Jace stomps each of her boots once and opens the door. I grab my phone and shove it in my sweater pocket, turning off the lamp light behind me. Jace closes the door behind me and we make our way down the steps.

"Cmon girls! First summer bonfire!"

Jere waves his hand towards the car as he holds the door open for us. We pass him, making our way to the car. Jace goes ahead again, opening the door for me. I slide in and she slides in after me. I don't move this time. Our thighs touch and our shoulders meet. I can feel the blankness somewhat. It's not strong enough but it's there.

"You're not gonna move over?"

Jace doesn't ask rudely. She genuinely wants to know. I lay my head on her shoulder. She tenses and then releases, her hand grabbing mine and sitting it in her lap.

"No. I think I'm comfy here."

I nuzzle closer to her neck and her fingernails scratch lightly against the back of my hand. I see Stevens eyes glance at us for a moment. He asks me a question in his gaze but I just ignore it. I wanted to see where this feeling was coming from. Where it would take me if I leaned into it long enough. Conrad opened the other passenger door and I could see him pause at the sight of us. He climbed into the car and Steven took off. We stayed like that the entire drive. Our hands together and bodies touching. Once we pull up and park, Steven and Jere are immediately the first out the car. Conrad pauses for a moment. He doesn't say anything. He hops out and joins them.

"We should probably get out."

Jaces voice makes her chest buzz and I nod.

"Yea. Yea we probably should."