Capítulo Seis: O Joalheiro

Gemma's POV:

"I'm not so sure about this, sweetheart." Sinclair crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back onto my doorframe. I rolled my eyes as I searched through the four drawers my brothers had filled with jewelry for me. There were some emeralds, diamonds, pearls, sapphires, rubies, opals, you know, the works.

And that's the bonus of having incredibly rich brothers who want to spoil you because they felt guilty about being dicks when you first arrived after technically dying.

"That may be, but I am sure of this. And since I'm the one with the more important task between the two of us, what I say is more important." I said, holding a blue diamond choker up to my neck. I imagined myself in the dress and shook my head. The blue was too much color when color was the last thing I was aiming for.

If I was wearing golden heels I would totally go for emeralds. I would give off the whole Slytherin vibe and everything, which would be super cool considering it was my house.

But a black dress and black heels, which were like an inch tall because I still needed to be able to run, so I was pretty sure I wanted to keep my jewelry simple and classy. I shut the drawer full of emeralds and blue diamonds and opened the shelf with just diamond jewelry.

There was a diamond choker I thought would look nice so I pulled it out, along with a diamond bracelet. I handed those off to Sinclair, who frowned down at the necklace and bracelet.

Zion was stopping by a jewelers later in the day to get his tanzanite cufflinks buffed and polished and whatever jewelers did to clean fancy stones. I was hoping I'd be able to go with him, just so I could ogle the rich people flashing their black cards at the jewelers.

Did that include my brother? Yes. But did I still want to go to watch other people? Also yes.

"What the hell are you wearing?" Sinclair asked, holding up the choker. I pouted at him so he raised his hands in surrender. I smirked and closed the diamond drawer, locking it with a key that I then handed Sinclair to put away. I, of course, knew where the key was but I still liked for other people to put it away for me so that it if went missing I wasn't to blame.

"A swimsuit. What do you think, doofus?" I asked sarcastically. Sinclair made a face before turning around, bumping into Zion, who pushed his brother away with a look of disgust.

"Don't touch me." Zion ordered. Sinclair said something that sounded rather nasty in Portuguese, shoving the diamonds at Zion before stalking away.

"Love you too!" I shouted at his retreating figure. Sinclair made a loud, pained noise as he turned a corner, disappearing from view completely. I whirled around, looking up at Zion with expectant eyes. He sighed deeply, pulling two velvet lined boxes out from behind his back.

I laid my bracelet and necklace out in the boxes, situating the shiny jewelry.

"Hey, Zion, can I ask you a question?" I asked. I knew what the answer was going to be right as the question left my mouth. Zion didn't hesitate.

"You just did." He said, closing the boxes. He put a hand on my back, leading me towards the garage. I glared up at him.

"Seriously." I grumbled, crossing my arms.

"Alright, alright. Ask away." Zion waved a hand, giving me permission to ask anything on my mind. I had about four dozen questions, mainly about my parents and why I was kidnapped without a ransom demand and how my brother turned into a hacker for hire, but I thought I would ask about something much simpler.

"How come the password for your phone is 1234?" I asked, shutting the garage door behind me. Zion picked a set of keys out of a very large box mounted on the wall, housing almost a dozen sets of keys. The lights came on and I was suddenly hit with sight I hadn't seen in many weeks. All the cars.