Capítulo Nove: Os Estranhos

Gemma's POV: 

I thought the house was impressive, and then I found the garage. Cars stretched as far as I could see, granted some lights were turned off. I immediately rushed to the black Aston Martin Vanquish.

I could feel myself stop breathing when I touched the hood of the car. 

I must have looked like the Joker, seeing as how there was a huge smile on my face as I skipped around the garage. My steps echoed in the garage, and it was the only sounds. That was why, when I heard giggling, I stopped and looked around.

The giggling was coming from the Bentley. I was pretty sure that Bentley's didn't giggle. 

I refused to call out 'Hello?' because it wasn't like the giggler was just going to pop up and say 'Here I am! Please don't have me arrested for breaking and entering!'. Maybe if they were stupid they would, but I doubted it.

I took off my shoes, leaving me in my fuzzy socks, and I started walking towards the Bentley. I got behind the boy and girl who looked about my age and were sitting behind the Bentley. The girl was giggling furiously, her hand over her mouth to muffle the sounds. 

"Who are you?" I asked, purely curious. My head was cocked in confusion. 

The two people whirled around, shocked that I'd managed to sneak up on them. They both stood up, looking around for the rest of security. 

"We could ask you the same thing." The girl said, her hands placed stubbornly on her hips. I arched an eyebrow. Her confident persona melted right then and there. The boy stepped in front of her protectively.

"I live here. Your turn." I smiled, leaning against the side of a 2019 McLaren 720S Performance RWD Coupe. I was honestly surprised when the alarm didn't go off. The boy cleared his throat, drawing my attention back to the two.

"Paige wanted to see what the inside of the Perigoso house. Mom works here and sometimes brings me, so I knew how to get in." The boy said, gesturing at the girl when he said 'Paige'. Paige looked aghast that he sold her out that easily.

"Harley, you aren't supposed to give up your best friend that easily!" Paige said, anger furrowing her eyebrows. She pouted at the guy, Harley, but he only shrugged. He obviously wasn't as afraid of her as she wanted.

"My bad." Harley said dryly. 

I smiled. I was pretty sure I was going to like these two.

"Oh, well that sounds like fun. Don't get caught. Bye!" I waved and then started back towards the door. Only, I couldn't find the exit. I got turned around trying to figure out who was giggling, Paige, and lost my way.

No one's garage should be that massive.

"Do you even know where you're going?" Paige asked snootily. Okay, maybe I wasn't going to like her so much. 

"I'll figure it out." I shrugged, not very concerned. In all honesty, I wasn't all that afraid of sleeping in the garage. I'd slept in worse places. 

"Here, I'll show you." Harley said, pulling at my elbow. He pulled me along for a minute in silence before Paige finally started talking.

"How old are you?" Paige asked as we passed a 2020 Lamborghini Huracan EVO Base. Who even has all these expensive cars?

I could go to college three times over with a couple of those cars.

"Twelve. Why?" I asked. Paige shrugged, keeping her mouth shut then. I shook my head at her odd tendencies. Harley sighed, weariness crashing over his face. He was probably worried that I would try and get his mom fired because he was being a kid.

"Paige and I are twelve, too. Do your parents work here too?" Harley asked, not taking his eyes off the path he was taking. I was guessing that I wasn't the only person who'd gotten lost in the garage and Harley didn't want a repeat.

"No. My brothers do. Well, one of my brothers." I said. The two kind of strangers looked between each other curiously as we made it into a hall. I noticed someone walking down the hall. Harley and Paige didn't see him.

"Who did you say your brothers were?" Paige asked, coming to stand in front of me with Harley. I looked over their heads and into the unhappy gaze of said older brother.

"Hi, Tobias." I waved shyly. Paige and Harley froze and then scampered away. Tobias looked over the three of us with a cold, unimpressed gaze. I didn't know what he was looking for or why he was trying to intimidate me with his glare. 

I'd seen meaner looks so I held his gaze.

"What were you doing in there?" Tobias asked, glancing at the door behind us. I turned around for some reason and looked at the door that led to the garage.

"The garage? Oh, I was exploring and then I got lost in there. Harley and Paige were helping me find my way out." I explained myself easily. Tobias looked over us again, before nodding and continuing on down the hall.

Once he was out of earshot, the trembling girl and boy behind me almost collapsed in relief. They then turned me around by my shoulders, making my eyes widen.

"That was your brother?" Harley hissed, his ears tinged red. I nodded slowly.

"Yeah. So?" I asked, not getting their point. So what if Tobias was my older brother? It wasn't like he was the devil or anything like that.

"That's Tobias Perigoso." Paige said like it was supposed to mean something. I nodded along slowly, almost in a patronizing way. Could they get to the point?

"Yeah. What's the point?" I asked, still not understanding.

"Other than the fact that all of your brothers are world famous and this one in particular is scary as all get out? Nothing." Paige pointed out, her voice coming out hushed. I cocked my head in confusion once more.

World famous?

"World famous?" I asked, thinking out loud. Harley nodded frantically.

"Tobias is known for being a hermit. Damian is world famous for being absolutely crazy. Sinclair is known for leading the biggest, most deadly motorcycle gang in the whole freakin' world. And Zion is the richest man in the world since he runs Z Tech. It's a trillion dollar tech company. He's really the only reason that your brothers are famous the way they are." Harley explained. 

Huh, that's interesting. 

Why didn't I know any of this?

How come I'd never heard of any of them before?

"That's new."