Capítulo Treze: A Verdade Parte Dois

Be honest, how many of you are in love with Damian?

Gemma's POV:

I was seeing things, I had to be. Because there was no way I was actually seeing who was in front of me. I looked up at Victoria, waiting for her to whip out some monologue explaining how she knew I was faking this entire time and drugged me with a hallucinogenic. She was staring straight ahead, lips pursed in a grim line and that's when I knew she hadn't drugged me.

This was my reality, as shitty as it was.

"You're..." I started, for once unsure of what to say solely because there wasn't anything in the world to say.

The woman sitting on the desk of one Daniel Garcia smiled warmly, reaching her hands out in a way that told me she was expecting me to run up and hug her. I stayed rooted in my spot and eventually her arms drop, her excited smile fading as she realized I wasn't exactly thrilled to be seeing her.

I recognized her from the photos online. This woman, although older, was the replica of the woman who'd died in a car crash with me when I was six months old.

"Hello, sweetheart." She whispered, touching the tips of her fingers to her lips as tears welled up in her eyes.

"Hi, mom." I said, still in shock.

Dental records had been done, she had died with my father and I. I was six months old, I didn't have dental records so it made sense as to how my death had been easily faked. Well, the coroner could've been paid off. Those guys didn't make enough money to be dealing with dead bodies constantly.

"Gemma, it's good to meet you. I'm Daniel Garcia, your mother's husband."

I whirled around to face the man speaking, jaw slack and eyes wide.

What in the ever loving Cheetos was going on?

How had my world shifted so majorly in such a short period of time?

"Why am I here?" I asked. I figured I'd stick to my plan, however shocked I was. I didn't trust my egg-giver and I especially didn't trust Daniel Garcia. The man was a snake hiding in a man's body.

He waved his hand flippantly, dismissing Victoria. She closed the door behind her with a heavy thud. I remained standing. I didn't want to be caught off guard and people tend to relax when they're sitting. Garcia saw the determination in my eyes and decided to not embarrass himself by offering me a seat.

"Your brothers aren't good people, sweetheart. I asked Daniel if we could save you from them." My mother said, making a move to stroke my cheek but I leaned away from her touch. She bit down on her bottom lip, gaze flickering towards Garcia nervously.

"You're saving me from the brothers who've done nothing but treat me with kindness but you didn't save me from the man who beat me half to death bi-weekly?" I asked, narrowing my eyes as I watched a red flush climb from her chest to her cheeks.

Garcia cleared his throat, drawing the attention in the room back to him.

"Your mother trusted George, thought he was treating you well. We're very sorry for everything you were forced to endure whilst living under his care." Garcia gave a tight lipped smile, fingers steepled as he leaned heavily on his fancy desk. I, still in shock and not computing much, arched an eyebrow in disbelief.

"How're you even alive? Does that mean my father's alive? Again, why am I here?" I fired off, tired of not being given any answers. My mother sighed heavily, sitting back on her hands on the desk. She and Garcia shared a look, one that made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end.

I shifted from my left foot to my right, and then back to my left.

"Daniel and I started to see each other while I was married to your father. You must understand, darling, that your biological father wasn't a good man. He gambled away every penny we saved for you children and when he got angry... Well, I protected you from his anger as much as I could. But when I met Daniel, it was love at first sight. When I refused to leave the marriage without my children, Daniel promised to get you guys out with me. So we went through with the plan. The boys were supposed to be alerted to the fact we were alive a couple days after the accident, but something went wrong and they never were. By the time I realized they hadn't been told we were alive, they had disappeared. Daniel and I thought someone had kidnapped them to use against us, so we instantly put you in the care of someone I trusted, an old friend George. Unfortunately, George wasn't quite the man I thought he was." My mother finished speaking with a deep breath, shoulders trembling.

"First off, I don't have to understand jack shit. Secondly, you and my biological father are the same in my mind because you abandoned your children knowingly and were content to start your life over without even thinking about us. I mean, how easy would it have been to send someone to check on me? Not very hard, I imagine." I ticked off my fingers as I spoke.

My mother's shoulders caved in on themselves as she tried to shrink away from my words. She made her decisions so she could handle the repercussions of said choices.

"Sweetie, you don't understand-" She started, nearly crying. I rolled my eyes.

"No, I don't understand. Your sons are famous, literally internationally known. One face-time and they would've known you were alive. But I'm guessing you didn't want them to know and you didn't want anything to do with me until you found out I was their weakness. And all this is some ploy so that you can turn me into your little spy and use me against them. And all because Daniel Garcia is a dickwad who's brother Damian killed." I finished, panting from my own back-to-back rants.

Daniel shifted uneasily behind his desk and my mother shook her head, tears falling freely from her eyes. Her hands had long since clasped over her mouth, keeping her shaking cries inside. Thank God, the last thing I wanted to do today was listen to this woman whine and cry about how unfair life was.

"No, that's not it at all! I really had no choice!" My mother exclaimed but I only shot her an unimpressed, dry look that made her shut her obnoxious mouth.

"You had plenty of choices. I get needing help out of a bad situation, I even understand how you went about it because who wouldn't want their abuser dead, but I don't understand why you abandoned your children. Because you did, Camilla. You left us and created a whole new life without even thinking about us." I had stopped shouting and was now speaking calmly, something that seemed to hit my mother harder than my screaming.

Daniel slammed his open palms onto his desk, standing from his chair with a scathing glare cast in my direction. To his surprise, I didn't falter and refused to grace him with a reaction.

Tobias could put his glare to shame. Hell, Tobias would when he found me.

"How do you know about Graham?" Garcia asked. Graham Garcia? Did his parents hate him or something?

I wrinkled my nose and flipped my hand towards the door.

"You should hire better help. But I'm guessing you can't since you're flat broke, aren't you?" I smirked. I let my whole charade fall, knowing I would be unable to slip back into the naive, timid role I'd been playing after my tirade. They'd find it too suspicious and probably wouldn't believe me.

Daniel sat back in his chair, looking over me with narrowed, beady eyes. I wasn't terribly bothered by what he thought was an intimidating look.

Zion was scarier than this fool, and Z was a complete and total computer geek.

"How do you..." Mother dearest spoke softly, shutting up with a harsh look from Garcia. I smirked, happy to have caused a rift in their oh so happy marriage.

Can you blame me for being slightly petty at the moment? I was still simmering with rage.

"Because, dumbass, George wasn't the one who stole ten million dollars from you. I am."