Capítulo Vinte e Seis: A Sugestão

Gemma's POV:

Not that living in a luxurious hotel was bad or anything, but I desperately wanted to escape. That's why I climbed out the window, like a giant idiot, and made my way onto the roof so I could stare up at the sky. 

Tobias had left the room to make several calls dedicating to finding the guys who threatened Zion's building. Zion also had his guys working on it, but they were taking too long so he started working on it himself. Damian left a couple of hours earlier, probably hunting down the fools that made the threat. Sinclair was handling some type of business on the computer, something he wouldn't even talk to me about. 

None of them had said much to me. For a while I was worried they were angry with me. But then Tobias ruffled my hair, Zion smiled at me, Sinclair kissed me on the forehead, Damian gave me a quick hug, and I knew I'd be fine. 

Was that cheesy?

Sort of, I guess. Oh well. 

If you don't like it, you may exit my life story. Wow, major fourth wall breakage going on here. 

There was a shout from below me, but it didn't sound like anything bad. More like victory. Perhaps Zion got through those firewalls that were taking him a minute?

I slipped down the roof and right back into the room without my brothers even figuring out I hadn't even been in the room. I stood in front of the window, twisting my fingers anxiously and biting my lip.

I didn't want to say something that would incur the wrath. 

"I did it! They're working out of an old shipping dock. It hasn't been used in years due to radiation. Guess they want cancer before their fortieth birthday." Zion said, adding the last bit thoughtfully. 

I chuckled but bit down the sound before it could really be heard. Sinclair closed the computer he was working on and walked over to Zion, who was still smiling brightly at winning something he considered a game.

"I can have some men there within the hour," Tobias said like it wasn't a big deal. I wanted to know how their brains worked with such information. I mean, Tobias was potentially sending men to their deaths and he acted like it wasn't a big deal. 

"Sounds good to me. Want me to lead them?" Sinclair asked, already reaching behind the couch for something. He pulled a pistol from behind the couch and I cocked my head at it curiously. Where had that thing come from?

Were there weapons stashed all over the hotel rooms we were staying in?

How had I not noticed that?

"No. I'll have Damian lead them. Damian's a much better shot than you." Tobias said, the side of his lips quirking up in a semblance of a smile. Sinclair gasped in mock hurt. 

"I am an amazing shot." Sinclair defended himself. 

I sat down on the bed I'd claimed as my own, even though I had Damian sleeping with me last night. He was a cuddler, which wasn't as surprising as I thought it would be. 

A crash outside our door distracted the boys from their conversation. My head snapped towards the door. Zion stood from his spot on the couch, reaching for the gun he had holstered under his suit jacket. 

Sinclair pushed me off the bed and made me hide. Tobias was already holding a gun, a fancy silencer on it and everything. When Tobias opened the door, his shoulders stayed tense and his gun was still raised behind the door, pointed at the individual on the other side of the door. 

"Did someone order room service?" Someone squeaked. Poor guy was probably intimidated by my huge brothers and their death glares. But who ordered room service?

"No. Leave." Tobias's voice was cold and stern. There was a clatter like someone had dropped something. It wouldn't have shocked me if the guy was shaking in his shoes at being stared down by Tobias.

"What's going on here?" Damian's familiar voice floated into the room. I smiled. Even if this guy was an enemy, Damian could easily handle the problem.

Not that my other brothers couldn't. But Damian... Well, he tore someone's throat out with his bare hands. 

I think he could handle any problem thrown his way. 

"Just a mix-up," Tobias said calmly, lowering his gun the slightest bit. Damian chuckled then stepped into the room, shooting me a small grin. Then he turned and faced the guy at the door. 

Which was what the real bad guys were waiting for.

I felt the arm wrap around my throat before I felt the cold barrel of a gun being pushed into my back.

"I suggest you close the door." A gravelly voice came from behind me, obviously from the guy holding me hostage. Being held hostage to get to the big, bad brothers was possibly the most cliche thing to ever happen to me in my entire life. 

My brothers whirled around, their guns instantly pointed at the intruder's head. When they noticed how he was holding me, Tobias lowered his gun and shut the door. 

"And I suggest you let my sister go," Damian said with a maniacal chuckle, his grip tightening on his gun. 

The gun lifted from my back to my temple. 

"I'll let her go. Just as soon as you tell me what I want to know." I could feel the man shrug from behind me. I grit my teeth in irritation, rolling my eyes at the horribly cliche situation I was currently being put in.

Let me clear this up right here, right now. I'm not your average twelve-year-old. I may not have been terrified out of my mind and squealing like a baby, because what help would that be, but I didn't want to end up shot.

I planned on living a long, happy life. Ya know, married, kids, a couple of Nobel Peace Prizes, several PhDs. The usual white-picket-fence life.

But I wasn't fixing to lay down and die for this scumbag who came into my temporary home and threatened me. 

That being said, I jerked my elbow into his gut and ducked down as he bent over. I ripped the gun from his grip, making his squawk of irritation that much funnier. I clicked off the safety and held the gun up to his head as I stepped towards my brothers. 

"Wanna rethink that suggestion?"