Capítulo Quinze: O Recém-chegado

Gemma's POV:

Tobias choked on his soup as it was going down. Zion choked on his air and had to be slapped on the back by Damian before he could recuperate himself. Sinclair was silent, his spoon poised right above his lips.

They all stared at me in a stunned sort of silence. I sipped my water with a perfectly pleasant grin.

"Excuse me?" Tobias asked, his voice going dark. I cocked my head at him in feigned confusion and worry.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were deaf as well as a jerk. I said to pull your head out of your ass." I told him again. That didn't seem to make him any happier. I simply shrugged at his deadly glare that was meant to knock me off my chair.

He shouldn't have asked if he didn't want to know.

"I don't know who you think you are-" Tobias started, but I interrupted him.

"I'm your sister, but you wouldn't know that, would you?" I asked with an innocent smile. I saw the anger pass over his face like a thundercloud. I could only wait for the lightning to strike. I was still smiling though.

His reactions amused me.

"I may love you, but I will not put up with this type of disrespect." Tobias growled, rising from his chair. I scoffed loudly.

Had I been drinking? Where was all this confidence coming from?

"That's the thing. You say you love me and yet you treat me like I'm nothing. I understand I may not be that baby you lost, but I'm still your sister. I am still a human being and deserve to be treated as such. You might not like me or love me, but you will respect that I am a living creature who hasn't done anything to earn this animosity. And in turn, I'll respect you as a living being. But respect is a two way street and so far I'm not getting any." I said.

The four brothers gaped at me, shocked to silence by my lecture. I sat back in my chair and sipped my water calmly.

I put the glass down, excused myself from the table, and hurried back to my room.

If I wasn't thrown out for my little lecture, then I would die of a heart attack. Tobias would have no qualms with throwing me out. I could see it in his eyes. He didn't think I belonged anyways. That being said, I looked around for something to pack but didn't see anything.

Also, I needed something other than a sorta bath that included hand soap and sink water. Not to mention having not being able to wash my clothes.

Someone knocked on my door. I answered with a frown, which quickly turned to a polite smile.

"Ms. Perigoso?" An older lady with grey hair asked, a warm twinkle in her eyes. I nodded, opening my door further for her to enter. She was wearing a maid's uniform, so I didn't think she would do me much harm if I allowed her into my room.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not sure we've been introduced. I'm Gemma." I offered my hand. The woman let out a loud laugh that made me want to smile for real. But I refused to smile until I knew this woman wasn't a real threat to me.

Jeez, I sounded paranoid.

"I'm Victoria. It's nice to meet you, Gemma." Victoria held out her hand to shake. I shook her hand and gave her a good look. She didn't seem like she should've been cleaning my bathroom. She looked like she should be ordering armies around.

Her bright red hair was streaked with grey, her kind hazel eyes twinkling with mischief. She stood tall. I don't know, there was just something elegant about her. Something that made me think she was a queen in her past life.

"Did you need something?" I asked, not impolitely. I, honestly, wanted a real shower and to be left alone. Nothing against Victoria, not that I knew her well enough to judge her or anything. She smirked.

"Just figured you might want some clean clothes to change into. My granddaughter doesn't mind sharing." Victoria said as she handed me a bundle of clothes. It looked like a couple pairs of shirts, jeans, and some underwear.

Thank God.

"You have no idea how much I love you in this moment." I mumbled, squeezing the clothes closer to my chest. Victoria laughed at me once more. I didn't mind.

"I thought that might be your reaction. Go ahead and grab a shower. Before the boys start knocking down your door." Victoria wisely advised. I didn't think that the boys would be anxious to see me after what I told them, but whatever.

She knew them better than I did.

"Again, thank you." I told her as I shut the bathroom door. She waved me off, smiling as she did. I locked the door behind me.

Some habits die hard, I guessed.

I put the clothes on the counter, grabbed a super fluffy towel, and turned the water temperature up as high as it could go. There was nothing I would enjoy more than having a boiling shower. Hopefully, if I was lucky, I could die in the shower.

At least I would die happy and warm.

After about an hour, I finally forced myself to turn off the streaming jets of water. Unfortunately, the cold struck just milliseconds later. And I just about cried at how soon my amazingly warm shower ended.

I dressed in a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt before running to my bed, hopping in and covering up as soon as I could. I wanted to stay warm for as long as possible.

I twisted my hair into a bun on the top of my head, hoping that would keep the cold strands out of my face. I was dozing off when someone knocked on my door. Guess Victoria was right. They were about to knock down my door.

I ignored the person and continued to snuggle into the pillows. I wasn't sure of what followed after my eyes slipped closed, but I could have sworn that someone said something in a different language.

A language I was familiar with. Ukrainian?

"Привіт, моя мила дівчинка. Готові допомогти мені виграти свою гру? (Hello, my sweet girl. Ready to help me win my game?)"