Capítulo Seis: A Exploração

Gemma's POV: 

The room that Tobias basically shoved me into, was one that boasted the wealth of the owner. The king sized bed with the sheer canopy was jaw dropping. The flat screen TV above the fireplace on the other side of the room was awe inspiring. The sitting room between the bed and the TV was absolutely gorgeous with white chairs and a light pink shaggy rug.

The floors were a dark mahogany. The room was colored in whites and light pinks with hints of grey undertones. 

I instantly ran over to the books that sat on the shelves. They looked like they hadn't even been read yet. 

It was almost insulting.

"Dinner is at seven. Don't be late." Tobias said from the doorway. I stopped moving my hands through the threads of the shaggy carpet to smile and nod at him.

He closed my door behind him, shaking his head at my antics. 

I gently pushed aside the curtains of the canopy, afraid to tear the delicate material, then ran my hands over the silk of the blankets in awe. 

I padded across the room and opened one of the many doors. It was a walk-in closet that was bigger than my old house. I rolled my eyes. There was no way I had enough clothes to fill that thing. 

At that point, I didn't have any clothes. Period.

I opened the other door and entered a bathroom that I was pretty sure I could play baseball in. And, yes, I was just quoting Nickelback there. 

The clawfoot tub was enormous, as was the glass shower with two different shower heads. The sink was way too big for just one person. The mirror looked like it took up half the wall. To say the least, the bathroom was massive.

Just one question, though.

Why did they have a room that looked like it was prepared especially for a girl? Was there a girlfriend who stayed in this room? Should I have even touched anything?

Maybe more than one question.

Somehow, I got the impression that Tobias didn't have many girlfriends. One night stands, sure, but nothing serious. What? I'm good at reading people.

I could also tell that my other brothers-it was so weird thinking that-didn't live here. Tobias didn't look like he took well to entertaining company that shared blood. I wasn't sure what to make of it beforehand, but I had a pretty good idea of what happened.

They fell apart. They lost everything when my parents and I died. 

Well, I only technically died. But technically is enough to ruin someone's entire world. Bring an entire universe crashing down. 

I glanced around the room and didn't see a clock. When the heck was I supposed to know when seven o'clock was?

I hadn't been paying attention so I had no idea how much time had passed during my explorations. That being said, I needed to go ahead and make my way into the dining room, or at least the kitchen. 

As I crept down the carpeted halls, I took a few seconds to study the paintings all around me. Some were happy, some were sad, but the majority of them were angry. 

Tobias had so much pent up rage but it was all displayed on the walls of his trophy house.

I walked into the kitchen, where Damian was sitting on a bar stool and eating another lollipop. I was curious as to where he got so many lollipops. I was also curious as to how I made it into the huge kitchen. 

"Hey." Damian said, giving me a small wave. I waved back at him and checked the clock. Five forty. I was safe. Too safe. 

Now I was terrified of not making it to dinner on time. I didn't want to leave the one room where I knew that people would know where the dining room was. And I knew people would be here because someone had to make the food.

Tobias didn't look like he enjoyed take-out.

"Hi. What're you doing here?" I asked, searching around in the fridge for something to drink. I pulled out the milk and chocolate, fully prepared to make some chocolate milk with way too much chocolate.

"Didn't have anything else to do. You? Oh, make me some too." Damian shot me a pleading, puppy eyed look. I gave in and started searching for the cups with a small smile.

That was progress, right?

"I didn't want to be late to dinner. I guess I'm a bit early, aren't I?" I asked, an amused smile finding its way onto my lips. Damian shrugged, looking at the clock with a look of disgust.

I got the feeling that Damian wasn't quite sane, but who was I to judge.

"Just a bit. Tobias is ridiculous about his dinners. I don't even go most times." Damian said, wrinkling his nose at the thought of the awkward dinner. I was inclined to agree with him. I wasn't ready for a stuffy dinner either.

"I don't think I have the same liberties as you do. I'm trying to not get kicked out." I laughed, joking a bit. Damian didn't take it as a joke, unfortunately. 

The room grew tense, Damian's dark aura making the room feel smaller. 

"Tobias would never." Damian snarled, his eyes not so bright anymore. I then saw that his eyes were an amazing shade of gold. Like amber reflecting in the sun. They were mesmerizing.

"Well, he doesn't seem to like me very much." I mumbled, not expecting Damian to hear me. He muttered something under his breath but didn't really respond. I hoped that I hadn't gone ahead and ruined whatever it was that was between us.

I was cursing myself as I slid his glass of chocolate milk in front of him. He took it with a tight, brief smile in my general direction. He was looking down at the counter in extreme concentration, almost like he was trying to move it with his mind.

Good luck with that one, Padawan.

"I'm gonna go explore some more. Thanks for not treating me like I'm an anomaly." I told Damian with a bright grin as I left the kitchen, my cup held tightly in my hands. 

As I walked down the hall, I hummed a tune that I couldn't remember hearing. I'd remember later. I looked at the paintings, studied the glass roofing in some parts of the house, and lost myself in the library.

It wasn't long until I found a book that looked way too interesting to not read and sat down in the super comfy recliners in front of a roaring fire. Why were there so many fire places in this house? And why was the fire going unattended? 

I was pretty sure that was a fire hazard or something.

I settled down into the chair, placing a blanket on top of my legs. I set my cup of chocolate milk beside me on a side table. I opened the book and got lost in the arguments between astrophysics and astrology.

It wasn't long until my eyes slid into the back of my head and I was snoring.