Capítulo Cinco: A Introdução

Gemma's POV:

The silence was a bit much. No one said anything, no one moved, no one even blinked. I wasn't saying anything or moving but at least I was blinking. That way they knew I wasn't a robot, unlike them.

"Hi?" I questioned, raising my hand up in some semblance of a wave. No one spoke.

"She's ours?" The blue eyed guy asked, shaking his head. His eyes never left mine, but it sounded like he was addressing Tobias. He should look at someone when he was talking to them.

"Did you not hear what I just said?" Tobias asked, swirling some amber drink around in his crystal glass. I swallowed hard at the sight of liquor.

Along with being someone who gives off the impression he's violent, he's also a drinker. Goodie. More problems to deal with.

"That's not possible. She's dead. Don't you remember the car accident? They found three bodies. Mãe, pai e nossa Gemma. (Mom, dad, and our Gemma's.)" The one with silvery grey eyes snapped, his face morphing into something akin to disgust.

"You think I would joke about that? Lembre-se, irmão, você não é o único que sofreu. Lembre-se do seu lugar. (Remember, brother, you are not the only one who suffered. Remember your place.)" Tobias growled, trailing off into some unknown language. What was that? I was fluent in several languages, but I couldn't quite decide what this one was.

Something from Europe perhaps? It did have hints of the Romantic language family.

"Não tenho lugar no seu negócio. Não tente me intimidar. Não vai funcionar a seu favor. (I have no place in your business. Do not try and intimidate me. It will not work in your favor.)" The grey eyed one growled right back, turning to face Tobias.

For a second, I was worried that a fight would break out. The venom in which they were spitting words at each other was concerning. The other two men in the room, that weren't glaring at each other and muttering in a foreign language, didn't seem to be very worried about it.

"I'm right here, you know." I said, waving a hand in the air to grab their attention. All of their eyes widened at my statement.

I wouldn't have had to say anything if they didn't treat me like I wasn't here.

"Does she even know our names?" The guy with ice blue eyes asked, turning away from me with a pained expression.

And right back to acting like I didn't exist.

"I'm Damian." The guy with the lollipop said, shooting me a friendly smile. I smiled back at him brightly before looking at the other two.

"I'm Sinclair." The guy with ice blue eyes spoke up. His arms were crossed over his chest, making him appear even more imposing.

"Zion." The guy with the silvery grey eyes said shortly. I guess he agreed with Tobias about my being here. Neither of them were terribly happy.

"Well, that wasn't weird, awkward, or worrisome at all. Now, do I have a room or am I sleeping in the garage?" I asked pleasantly, brushing aside their aghast looks.

They really needed to get used to the sass if they expected to be living with me for any amount of time. Or, me living with them. Huh, either way they were going to go insane if they couldn't get used to me being the way I am.

"The police said that they were charging your kidnapper with negligence. Why?" Tobias asked, crossing one leg over the other. He looked very kingly sitting like that.

The other three men sat down in different chairs, leaving me to lean against the door frame uncomfortably. 

"Because he was negligent." I said, confused as to why that wasn't obvious.

The charge was pretty self explanatory.

"Querido Deus. (Dear God). How negligent was he?" Tobias rubbed his temples before tipping back the drink in his hands.

My shoulders slumped and my face went blank. I was great at playing poker, which meant I had to have an excellent poker face. In that moment, my poker face was being put to use.

"I'll tell you how negligent he was if you tell me why you lied to me when you said you didn't know him." I said calmly. Tobias's eyebrows raised into his hairline.

Damian stood up, his lollipop in his hand now.

"Wait, you're telling me that we know the guy who took Gem?" Damian snarled. At that moment, Damian looked more deadly than all the other men in the room combined. Possibly because he looked like he was ready to murder.

"How'd you know I was lying to you?" Tobias asked, the perfect picture of calm. I shrugged and began to play with the end of my hair.

Boy did I have horrible split ends.

"It was the first time in twenty minutes that I saw you look down for a split second for nothing." I explained easily. I saw Tobias cock his head at me from the corner of my eye. I was concerned about what he thought about me now that I called him out.

He wouldn't throw me out, right?

"Interesting. I didn't tell you I knew him because I barely know him." Tobias said. I got the feeling that he wasn't telling me the whole truth, but I wasn't going to complain. At least I got something to work with.

I figured that if I wanted to know the full truth behind the reason I was taken, I would need to figure it out myself.

"He wasn't very negligent. I think it's just something to keep him behind bars as they gather more evidence against him." I said, a serene smile planted on my lips. Tobias narrowed his eyes at me in an attempt to intimidate the full truth from me.

I'll yield when you do. 

"So, who was he?" Sinclair asked, sitting up from his slumped position on the couch. Not that I could blame him.

If I could've, I would've sank into one of those plushy looking couches.

"George Williams." I answered. Sinclair's eyes closed for a brief minute, before reopening with no emotion.

I looked around the room and saw that the other two men were doing the same thing. So, they all knew exactly who George was and why he took me.

Maybe not why he took me, but they had an idea. I could see it in their eyes.

Now I had to figure out everything they knew.