***Chapter 13***

Teri qismat da likhya tere toh koi le nahi sakda ;
No one can ever take your destiny from you...
**************************************************

Day 3 !

A loud siren voice broke Teju's sleep , she quickly got up. Both Teju and Ritika freshened up and got ready in tracksuit as today it's individual task and command task day.

They had tiffin, and went towards PT ground for individual tasks.

Totally there were 10 set of tasks with time limit. Teju was very confident as she loves to do such tasks.

Teju and Kritika could complete 9 tasks in stipulated time frame. Kritika was also a sports enthusiast so even she could do well.

Now it was Command Task , being chest no 16 and 15 respectively Teja and Kritika were in same group again.

Teju had this commanding voice and leadership aura which made people to listen to her.

When her turn came she selected her 2 partners, one being Ritika herself  for task and planned the given task by taking inputs from both.  All 3 agreed for it in less time and completed the task successfully.

Also Teju being very friendly sweet with everyone , she was the most called candidate in command task.

Tasks of the day were over till afternoon so they were given liberty, both girls had their lunch and went to their room to rest a little.

In afternoon , some girls came to Teju and Kritika's room and forced them to go outside with them. They quickly got ready, collected one phone for capturing pictures and went away.

They watched Mysore Palace, RK Narayan's Museum and Mysore Dussehra Exhibition. Ate lots of chats and special Mysore masala dosa.

Day 4 !

Interview Day Today !

Teju was waiting outside the PI (Personal Interview) room. Kritika was inside for more than 25minutes now the longest time so far, this made her little anxious. Next was her turn.

She went to restroom and saw herself  in the mirror. White formal shirt neatly tucked in black formal pants with heeled shoes , her long hair tied in a high pony, she was looking no less than some business women ready to seal the deal.

She could see confidence and determination in her eyes. Yes she can do this ! She will do this !

She came outside to see her Chest no being called and Ritika was out. Ritika quickly wished her luck and she went inside.

She wished the Interviewing Officer (IO), who smiled at her in reply.

She was asked to tell about herself and family background. She said everything briefly.

IO: So miss Tejasswi , you are from a civil background so how and why did you decided to find your career in armed forces. Your parents are ok with it as most of parents are afraid ?

Teju: Sir , I'm not from Army background but since childhood my father always been encouraging me towards armed forces. He always pushed me towards it. Yes my parents are ok because it was my father's dream to serve the nation so he is proud of me.

IO: Basically you want to fulfill your father's dream is it?

Teju: It's one of the reasons sir. It was, is my dream always to serve my nation. My father introduced me to this and from then I have never stopped wanting to be part of this.

IO: To serve the nation there are many other ways , as you have completed your graduation in engineering you could have got some nice job with good package. Don't you feel it's wasted ? Even that would have been service towards the country right?

Teju: Yes sir you are right , if I would've done an IT job I would have invested my knowledge in building the country but I choose to invest my knowledge in protecting my country which I'm sure I'll be getting an opportunity.

IO: ok good , so what would you do if you won't be selected?

Teju: Sir I have never stopped wanting since childhood so I would continue trying. 

With some other questions related to current affairs , technology etc the interview got over.

Teju's interview was the longest , it took almost 50-55 minutes to complete.

When she came outside, kritika was waiting for her. Both left to their dorm room discussing about the interview.

They still had more than half of the day free so decided to have lunch outside. After getting changed they both and other girls who were also free went outside.

They watched Mysore zoo , kritika and others couldn't believe watching the excitement of Teja, she was the kid of the group. Jumping here and there watching types of animals she was so happy.

They had food and watched some more places and returned back at 1900hrs.

Day 5 !

Kritika and Teju packed their bag , it's their last day here.

So many emotions anxiety, anxiousness, jittery, fear, excitement, hopeful but also happy with all the experience they had , so many memories made. They'll cherish this for lifetime.

Conference will be conducted today. All the candidates assembled in formal attire with their luggage packed and placed outside the rooms.

They were made to sit inside a room to wait for their turn.

When it was Teju's turn, she went inside and greeted the Officers. She was asked about the stay and all places she visited in Mysore. After 2–3 questions she was asked to leave.

In 2-3 hrs conference got over for all the candidates. They had lunch after that they were called for the result announcement.

Everybody assembled in a hall, waiting for the result. Officer entered and started to call out chest numbers of conference in candidates.

5... 8.... 11.... 13... 15.... 16.... And the world stopped for Teju. The feeling of  having achieved success is unmatchable to any feeling in the world.

Both the friends hugged eachother wishing eachother. In these 5 days both have come very close to each other.

They hugged other girls who made it or who couldn't from their group.

After the machine test and other stuff, they were given permission to leave. Mobiles phones were given back.

And they were given a ride back to station in AFSB bus.

Ritika was from Delhi so she had a morning flight from Bangalore next day. So both decided to travel to Bangalore together.

When they reached Bangalore, Teju's baba and uncle had come to receive her.

After knowing Ritika's flight being next day so Teju's uncle asked her to stay with them. Both baba and teju also insisted her so she agreed.

Teju and Ritika chatted till late night, in Teju's company even Ritika had started to talk more than before.

They both hoped to get their medical test which is the next step, on the same date and same centre.

Ritika left to Delhi in the morning, both the besties hugged each other and promised to be in touch.

Teju and baba also left to Mumbai in the afternoon.

*************************************************

Author's DYK:

The tasks explained in the story are not the only ones in the real interview there are more physical and psychological tests but I have only picked some to give an overview of the SSB/AFSB interview.

HBD BOSSBABE TEJASSWI ... !!!