***Chapter 17***

Teri qismat da likhya tere toh koi le nahi sakda ;
No one can ever take your destiny from you...
**************************************************

Day 3 embarked it's appearance. This day was going to be very long for nobody but Karan.

It's was the day for Surgical examination, surgical examination being a whole body test was going to be performed in complete privacy.
Hence it is held in two different buildings for girls and boys.

It would take whole day for this test , which means both boys and girls would be away for the whole day. Crushing all hopes of Karan to talk or atleast to have a glimpse of Teju today.

Karan , Abhi got ready and walked towards main building of the IAM. Karan's face fell when he got to know about today's arrangement.

It was lunch break, Karan and Abhi were going towards mess but were told that food will be provided in the same building itself.

It took almost 7-8 hrs to get finished with surgical examination. It was evening already when they reached their dorm rooms.

The first thing they did after coming was to dump their tired bodies on mattress less cot. It wasn't soft and comfortable, but right now it felt heaven. "Fauj" always teaches you to value small things of life and to be grateful about them.

The new day came with new hope for Karan. Today marked the 4th day of the medical test. It was an Eye and Dental test. It was to be held in a common chamber.

Karan was sitting on a waiting bench outside the chamber impatiently. He was searching for something or more precisely someone.

Neither his best friend, who had gone to the dorm room to change his T-shirt which had been stained having breakfast was back, nor the one about whom he was impatient as well as nervous to encounter was to be seen.

He was running his eyes here and there, it stuck at someone, a girl who had captured his mind for months now. She was laughing. It felt like he was starstruck , this felt unreal.

Then he saw the source which was making her laugh merrily. When he saw it, his chest tightened. There he was Abhi, whose some stupid jokes were making her laugh like crazy. The laugh which felt merrier earlier was now a crazy laugh.

Abhi stopped his silly banter with her and looked for someone in the crowd infront of the chamber. Once his eyes met Karan's, he grinned at him. Karan was in a trance to acknowledge it though.

Karan saw them walking towards him. Abhi was leading her way and her friend trailed behind both of them with a scowl on her face and actually he was also mirroring her friend's expression.

They stood infront of him so he got up. There was a pregnant pause so Abhi decided to break it.

Abhi: Guys ! please don't be like this. I know we all met in a awkward situation but we can sort it right. Let's act mature.

Karan was surprised with Abhi's matured words. He was thinking what made him change.

Abhi: Ok let's introduce ourselves. Karan this is Tejasswi. And Teju this is my bestfriend Karan.

Teju gave a small smile to him. Karan had a expression less face, he was hurt. Moments back she was laughing so freely with Abhi and now she was faking smile to him. And what the hell, he is calling her by her nickname. When did they become so close??