15

Violet Bridgerton would never admit this - especially in front of her children -  but out of all her children Benedict is the one she feels closest to. Anthony has alwayst been his father's boy, always stuck to him and spending a lot of time with him. Violet had admired their relationship, but deep inside she has been jealous that the little Anthony didn't love her like he loved Edmund. So, when Benedict was born she felt like she has gotten a second chance. And the little Bridgerton boy with the dark blue eyes had been smitten to his mother from the very start on.

And even today, Benedict is the one child she can discuss everything with. He's a perfect listener and always so concerned about his family's well-being. All of Violet's other children - Anthony included - are asking Benedict for advice, whenever they need help. So, when Benedict and Sofia tell her that they're expecting a baby, Violet is heads over heels happy. She already knows that her son is going to be a father.

The next months are quite... harmonic.
Things are not like they once were between Benedict and Sofia, but at least the Bridgerton boy talks with her again and treats her nicely. Her husband started sleeping in the same bed as her for example.
And Benedict is ultra exited about the baby. He can't wait for the role of fatherhood. Now that Sofia has reached the sixth month of her pregnancy, but her belly is still rather flat, compared to Daphne, Kate or Penelope, but Doctor Davies ensued that he can feel the baby moving inside Sofia's belly and that she doesn't have to worry.

Now that the nausea is gone, Sofia can go out for long walks and she enjoys spending time with her big family everyday. Some days she's gossiping around with Penelope and Eloise, sometimes she's with Colin who always cares so deeply with her. Just yesterday she went to the park with Anthony, Kate, Edmund and the twins and it was good that she came with them, because they were able to hold a baby each.

It's October now and Benedict claims that it's too cold to go out everyday for a woman with child, but Sofia has managed to let him agree on going out until the beginning of November. She promised that she's not going to set a foot outside without him afterwards. Actually Benedict wanted to accompany her today as well, but Anthony asked him for help in any Viscount work.
So Sofia walks around her usual path alone today.

She's always been a fan of the nature and she had always liked to walk around. The Bridgertons' houses are located perfectly for that, each of their garden is connected and Sofia can walk without fearing to cross someone else's privat ground- well, except of the one particular house she's been avoiding all summer long now.
Today she's not that lucky, though. The one person in the world she doesn't want to meet is in the garden of Lord Aras and obviously does some gardening. Sofia doesn't really understand what Selim's job fully contains. He seems to be Lord Aras' personal assistant, accompanying him everywhere, helping him with the guests, planning for him and keeping on track with his agenda, but for some reason he also seems to be responsible for the big, chaotic garden.

„I don't have to do this, it's just... I love working in the garden."
Selim's voice awakens Sofia from her daydream and she realizes that she'd been walking too near to the house of Lord Aras. And of course, like he always did, Selim had once again guest correctly what she was thinking about.
Sofia knows that she probably should act dumb, like she did not understand what he was referring to, but she also knows that Selim will immediately understand when she lies to him.

Because of that Thunderbird decides to ignore him and turns away to walk right back home.
„Bekle!" (Wait!), Selim shouts, but Sofia pretends that she hasn't heard him.
„Fırtına kuşu dur, lütfen bir dinle." (Thunderbird please stop and listen once).
„Talk English", Sofia demands, without looking back.
„Why? Did you forget your mother language?"
„It's called native language, or mother tongue", she informs him. It's not like Sofia doesn't understand Turkish anymore. She just wants to make sure that anyone who listens to them will understand them.