Sparks of love in hate

Here is the winning entry for our May prompt - Sweat for Me - in our monthly contest series "Mohabbatein". Have a look at the entry that made us feel all the burning feels...

Here's "Sparks of love in hate " by soul_writer_27 

The silent martial sports club lost its peaceful silence when a furious Myra opened the entrance door with a loud bang. Being an odd time of the afternoon the club was devoid of any person and Myra wanted nothing more than to let out her frustration alone.

But she regretted her decision of entering the karate section when she saw the person whose presence she couldn't stand at all. Wearing black trousers paired with a sap-green sleeveless shirt, facing her with an arrogant smirk etched on his face.

"Alex", she muttered bitterly, "Myra", he spat out with the same bitterness and they stalked towards each other with long, furious strides keeping their hard gaze intact.

Standing just a few steps away, they halted their strides and spat together, "Get out of here!". Taking a deep breath they chorused again, "it's not your private property!". Rubbing her face in exasperation she spat with the uttermost hatred, "I don't want to deal with your drama Alex, get away from me".

Deciding to make her the source of his entertainment as he was tensed too, he replied with a mocking tone lacing his voice, "why? Afraid of my muscular strength so soon". Her patience was reaching its peak and her hands itched to punch away that arrogant smirk on his face. She took it as an opportunity to mess with him and replied with a sweet smile, "I trust my abilities more than your fake muscles dear, want to experience them?"

Anger pulsed through his whole self at her insulting words, gritting his teeth he spat, "are you challenging me for a match?" Myra gritted her teeth and answered, "Yes, exactly".

A sly smile slid on his face by her words and he replied, "won't leave this golden chance of showing you your real limits Myra". Without waiting for her reply he added with a bored expression on his face "There are no judges around so no suit required".

She removed her black funnel neck zipper jacket and dropped it slowly on the ground. Leaving herself in a rosewood-colored tank top and black ankle-length tights.

Alex smirked and removed his shirt too and stepped inside the karate competition area.

*****

Giving each other a murderous glare Myra and Alex stood opposite each other. Not breaking their glaring session, they slightly bowed to each other and took their combat position. Alex made the first move and aimed a punch at her left side of the face which she dodged skillfully and struck back with a kick at his face which made him lose his balance, but he was quick at regaining his composure. Clenching his fists in anger he motioned her to attack.

She aimed a punch and charged at him with all her might but before she could hit him he ducked under her arm and before she could turn around he struck her back with his elbow making her fall face-first on the ground with a loud thud.

She stood up, wincing slightly in pain but masked her expressions and yelled at him, "that doesn't follow the rules and regulations, it's a foul!"

he turned around and came closer, caressed her forehead with his thumb and then whispered in her ear "no rules applied".

Hearing this, Myra stepped back a little and bowed slightly. Then, with the speed of lightning, she did a spinning roundhouse kick hitting straight at his jaw, catching him off-guard, and making him fall and tumble out of the competition area. She walked out of it too, crouching in front of him, and said, " Karate rules have their dignity and I won't let you disrespect the competition area which is made for karate and not your egoistic matches".

Saying this she moved back a few steps. Clenched her fists and bent her knees, she retorted in a sassy tone, "Our match without rules starts here".

With her right hand, she signaled him to get up and get on with the match.

He jumped up to his feet, rubbing his jaw with his hand, and smiled at her respect for karate. He liked this sassy side of hers and was enjoying it. Tilting his head both sideways, he charged toward her but instead of attacking her, grabbed her wrist and pulled her to himself, twisting one hand behind her back and entangling another one with his hand, making her back collide with his bare chest. His warm breath fanned her neck sending shivers down her spine. She hated how her body was reacting to his touches. She slowly moved her leg and entangled her foot with his ankle. Without wasting another moment, she quickly pulled her foot outwards making him lose his balance and his grip on her loosen. Taking it as an opportunity she moved away. Not giving him much time to regain his composure, she crouched down and did a spin knocking him off the ground.

But the moment she stood up, she felt a pull at her ankle and she fell on top of him. Their shallow breathing and thudding heartbeats could be heard in the dead-silent room. Their eyes filled with rage and something more they couldn't seem to interpret. He slowly raised his hand which made her alert. He observed the way her body was wary of his moves and he didn't like it.

He softly caressed her cheek with his thumb and surprisingly, she leaned with his touch and closing her eyes, exhaled a soft breath.

His gaze slipped to her lips and he brushed his thumb over her lower lip, she slowly opened her eyes and stared into his brown orbs. Her eyes swirled with emotions he couldn't decipher. Slightly tilting his head he closed the distance between their faces and planted a feather-like kiss on the side of her lips. He didn't move away, her soft breath caressing his lips. He felt drawn to her every passing moment. He liked how her body reacted to his touch.

But the next moment, their eyes snapped open and widened with horror when they realized their position. Pushing each other away roughly they stood up.

Not wanting to give up they tried to continue their match but couldn't focus anymore. All that Alex wanted to do was to pull her to him again and crash his lips on hers.

Their eyes swirled with various emotions which they were trying to control the best they could. But their control seemed to fade as subconsciously instead of attacking each other they started moving toward each other. Stopping just mere inches away. He snaked his arms around her waist while she put her arms, keeping them straight on his shoulders, and locked her hands behind his head.

Slowly lessening the distance between their faces, Myra entangled her fingers in his hair while Alex cupped her face with his left hand and kept his other hand on her waist, pulling her close to him to feel the warmth radiate off her and seep into his soul.

Their lips barely touched each other when they heard the ringing of a mobile. They stepped back instantly as if their touch may burn them. Scowling at each other and turning away from each other grabbed their uppers harshly from the ground and started walking away.

Just when Alex was about to open the gate and exit he stopped and turned around and found her staring back at him with a rage-filled gaze. He rushed towards her while she did the same and when they were a few feet away, they shouted together, " I'll show you your limits for sure!" And marched out of the room, exiting with the doors in the opposite directions with just one thought swirling in their minds "what the heck was that!?"

******