Life Partners 🥰❤️

This one is the Winning entry for our Indian profile collaboration - "Yaariyan." We thought this one tells all about friendship, and steals your heart as well - hope you find the same:)

Here's "Life Partners 🥰❤️" by ivylina16  

Soft romantic songs were playing in the background. Uncles are gossipping about the nation's unbalanced economy. In contrast, aunties are busy estimating others' saree and jewellery prices.

Handsome boys are sighting beautiful girls with the motto 'single; but ready to mingle', while the beautiful girls are acting strangely nice as if not aware of the boys' sightings.

Children are busy playing and running around. Everyone has balloons taken from decorations. But legends are busy searching for a table to sit at with their plate filled with a variety of foods.

Amongst all these people, I am standing in the middle of the stage. Not alone but with my newlywed husband. I feel over the moon as it is my marriage reception today. My face is full of smiles but my legs are begging for some rest. As they have been working non-stop for the past 2 hours standing and posing for pictures with my relatives.

But more than me another soul is dead tired of running here and there. Her heavy embroidery lehenga is making it more difficult for her. All her makeup has been washed out by her sweat. Her eyes are red due to the lack of sleep since last month. She is running here and there to make sure everything goes smoothly. It is none other than my bestie also know as my partner, Indhira. If it was before 6 years, I would have felt very happy seeing her tired. But not now.

My husband nudged me to look at the camera. A smile crept on my face seeing the camera as I remembered our first meeting.

It was my first visit to Bangalore. I went there for my internship in BBA course which was to be held for about two months. I had applied for three interviews there. One was scheduled for the next day while the other two were scheduled 2 days later.

My limbs were strained as I sat in the same position for a long time. The journey took about 7 hours from Chennai. So I decided to walk around the train station while waiting for my cab. I also thought to update my Instagram story. So I took some selfies with the name board in the Bangalore station. But the selfie couldn't cover the entire board. So I thought of asking for help from someone else to take a picture of me.

A girl crossing across me wearing a salwar caught my eye. She was a little taller than me but looked around my age. I asked her to help me to take some pictures, to which she denied saying she was not good at taking pictures.

I mentally rolled my eyes at her excuse. Is clicking a picture of someone too hard to do? Anyone could simply take a picture. It seemed she was so arrogant even to help others to take a picture. I just insisted saying I could adjust with whatever photo she took.

She sighed and agreed, but also apologized in advance if the photo was not good. I was irritated with her behaviour of acting innocent. But just smiled tightly and nodded.

I was confused when she took so long to take the pictures but anyhow shrugged at it. She returned my phone when I told her it was enough and she went away saying she had some important work, not before apologizing once again. I shook my head in disbelief seeing her weird behaviour. I was about to check the pictures she took, but before that my cab had arrived.

At the hostel, I was introduced to two other girls from New Delhi. Being an extrovert, I gelled with them quickly. They told me that there was another girl who would also be staying with us. They said she was very arrogant as she didn't even talk to them. I got curious to see her after hearing about her from them.