2| When tragedy befalls

Keep all your reviews coming...

How we survived the tumbling of that car would forever remain a mystery to me.
We were both severely injured with that of Corporal Salmanu worse than Mine. He had bruises through which blood was oozing out. He surely was weak, but decided to not show his weakness. anywhere, but not where I was, also in a vulnerable state.

Thirty minutes later, I faintly heard voices talking, at that point I knew we were safe. At least, they would give us the first aid we needed and help contact our Family. They strolled towards were I, and Salmanu were lying hopelessly on the ground to offer the help I was anticipating. Some moments earlier, I was thinking no one was actually coming for our aid. Those people here, were God-sent. Or so I thought.
I muttered an Alhamdulillah under my breath when their voices kept coming our way.

But all my intrusive thoughts went away, when I realized they were just the people responsible for our predicament.

Despite the state i was, i felt the need to give a tight blow across his Jaw lines. He really deserved it for what he did. It has been ages, I had been touched by a non Muharram-that was when I was just a kid. But this...This wasn't just a touch, I felt myself been dragged out of the car that had collapsed completely. There was no ounce of pity whatsoever in their action. They were big devils in human form. One of the tons of reasons I hated to admit being from the North. They were the examples of the stereotype that's going Viral about Northeners being the number one terrorists in the whole nation.

Do I have any strength to resist been dragged across a hot Coal tar?

I was just struggling to survive and to round myself up on what's happening around me. It looked too good to be true. Some things are just meant to happen no matter the precautionary measures that had been taken.

"He's a Military Man" The shortest among them all said referring to Corporal Salmanu that was right in front of me. He had his knees on the ground covering the horrific view from my sight.

"I think he's guarding her". Another added to which they all nodded their head in agreement to what the duo stated.

"She'll definitely be a problem to us then, so long she has a Corporal, as a Driver". The one who seemed to be their leader uttered. "Shoot her". He ordered.

The ability to interpret what he said became an issue to me. The 'her' he stated, was he referring to me Nadrah Baba Ahmad? Or was there any other person of feminine gender nearby?

At that point in time, I lost the ability to think straightforwardly.

I couldn't bring my thoughts to conclusion when I had the sound of gunshot. At that instant, I gave up on life. Just like others, I was going to meet my Ummi. I'd die as a Shaheedah.

Seconds past which I thought I spent in Barzakh, but then I opened the eyes I shut and had my gaze on a lifeless body of Corporal Salmanu.

He took a Bullet for me. He obviously did. But why? Was I that Fragile not to be able to take death at that time? Or was I too precious not to be shut out of this horrible Situation I found myself in?

I felt Worthless.

Whose death should I mourn?
The death of my Mother whom I never imagined dying at the time she did, or the death of the person that died, when I was the one supposed to be at that spot?