8| Dysphoria.

"Follow your husband." That was a direct order from the the great leader of all time. Umar Faruq Muhammad.
Note the sarcasm.

I was quite surprised that his name was still vivid on my brain. For I was not good in putting random names in there--of strangers.
But was he really a stranger? I doubt if I'll ever forget who Umar Faruq Muhammad was in my entire lifetime.

Nevertheless, this was at the least of my concern. My already slumped body involuntary made a motion by standing and walking stealthily to where Jamal was. I stood right in his front my back facing the pitiful faces of Nuwaerah and Benezir.

"You can now move to your Chamber Jamal, with her." The voice that my eardrums developed some hatred towards to, said nonchalantly to which Jamal nodded while taking gentle strides away. The involuntary action of movement still helped me by dragging my self towards him just like the way two opposite magnet bars would attract each other.

What if I resisted following the order?
Maybe I'm losing my life and all. But I know I wouldn't dare resist. I would forever remain the coward I am.

We moved out of the hall taking a narrow passageway that was too dark despite the moon brightness that was shining elegantly at the hall we just left through a hallow opening.

I could feel the cobwebs that was all over within the passageway making comfortable contact with my body.

The old Nadrah would have blabbed about how allergic I'm to cobwebs. How I would complained to Teems and Jiddarh about how just the sight of it irritates the whole out of me, let alone coming in contact with it.

Now, I'm struggling with all my might to find where to stumble my poor feet on.
I continued walking clumsily till we reached the end of the dark, mysterious passageway.

It opens into a wider space that was carved out. Water was all over the place. Jamal jumped swiftly , giving no room for the water that was splashing ahead to reach him. I tried doing same as he did. But couldn't along the way, as I had my body splashed by nothing less than a four litre of water in volume. I got wet thoroughly and it felt like a warm bath in the midst of harmattan. The water wasn't as cold as I thought or was it because of the ages I took without coming in contact with it? I thought.

Jamal narrowed his eyes on me after he turned at the edge of leaving the open space. I was not even half the way he went. "Quit being childish and walk faster. Will you?" He said sounding irritated by what I was in the midst of doing.

I knew not to argue for he was not in the state of argument. Neither was I.
I walked to where he stood waiting for me impatiently. The annoyance he's holding still dancing in his eyes. As I made it a habit to stare at him reading him thoroughly.

By the left is another hall I guessed was Jamal's chamber, which turned out so. We entered . It was not so spacious, just half of the one we left. Just a Little tidier than the former. And a bit 'Luxurier' if I may add.
A standing lamp was placed across the centre giving me the privilege to study the room. I couldn't really help it. I was going to be an interior designer.

A bed made up of steel with a skinny mattress that was not as thick as the duvet I had the luxury of owning back then. A metallic box by the end of the room that was hung slightly ajar exposing the not so nice black clothes they enjoy putting on. Some other random things aimlessly resting inside the already rusted box.