19| Here comes the flood

Yes she had to report to the firm early today. But well, another case with her supervisor wouldn't seem so bad either. It's the second time and maybe it should be the last. To her, she had nothing to worry about since he had promised to fill her Logbook if she wins over him. Her main priority now, is to report their case to the police, then, she would make her way to the firm. After all, he was the one that gave her the go ahead about the case–more like challenging her on it.

So, she would do just that.

The initial stage was not easy, but of course, she's going to come through it. After completing the online denuncia form, she was asked to select a nearest comisaria police station which she did hastily and in turn, she was invited over immediately for physical interrogation.

"Do you by any chance know the name of the suspect?" asked the short police officer that sat on a chair behind the counter. Nadrah had her hands placed in his front at the same time, fidgeting idly on the surface marbles that wrapped up the counter.

She hesitated a bit as if in a state of trance before answering with, "Well, I heard the name being said yesterday by someone but I couldn't pinpoint it out loud." She thought hard but the name was not just going to pop up.

One thing which really annoys her to the core is the fact that, she tends to forget every small information that seem not neccesary in her brain. Especially, the fact that she's not good in putting the names of strangers in there.

"Think hard Ma'am that will hasten up our process so we will not have to check for the CCTV cameras that was on that street at the very day the incident happened." He further lamented.

Some minutes after, her brain graced her the way it had never done before even when she's in an examination hall. She just remembered the name!

The name kind of ring bell when heard in Nigeria, but considering the fact that she didn't spend a considerable amount of time during her adulthood there, and attending a boarding school, then the tragedy that happened in between, it's safe to say, there will be no fault in her not knowing the name. But she knew she had heard the name somewhere other than yesterday at the firm. Well, maybe in Bauchi, before they moved to Abuja, she couldn't really say.

"He has the last name as Elsheriff." She sure that was it, it has the Sheriff part.

Smacking her head playfully, while a soft chuckle escaped her lips, she dug her hand inside her bag removing the envelope she got the previous day from Mrs. Flecha Garcià. The very envelope he had asked her to submit to his assistant which she failed to do so.

Well, don't blame her, she was very furious making her to forget about the poor thing inside her bag.

After she unfolded the paper, her eyes scanned through it, and stopped at the  exact spot where her supervisor was meant to make a stamp and sign. Luckily, his name was underneath the thick line.

" Advocate Abdallah Hashim Elsheriff." She read it out load at the same time, the officer scribbling it on a notepad that laid on his front on the counter. 

"Yes Ma'am, you will receive a call from us once we get through him. Possibly, tomorrow or lesser."

Squealing internally, jubilating about her success and the way things seems to go her way now unlike the previous day, she muttered her 'thank you' to the officer while taking gentle strides away from the department of crime reporting, to the parking lot.

Don't blame her if she said her heart was jumping up and down, forth and back all because of excitement. Why wouldn't she be excited about it all when she's on the verge of the finish line of what she had started?