13| And i lost him.

It all happened that very day.

The day I would never be able to forget no matter how hard I tried moving on.

Upon what happened, when the Ghazlaans were all over the forest, we found a hideout somewhere around a tall mahogany tree away from other intruders. We were safe from them for some minutes.

"In case I didn't make it out here, please be home safely." Jamal muttered to me while dusting away some few scraps from the bark of the tree. "Please stop saying that. We all are moving out of here in sha Allah." I said reassuringly, the idea of the 'escape' not sounding appealing to me anymore. We needed to make it out of that place at any cost.

"I was going to take you to a refugee camp around the boarder of Niger-Nigeria. But I'm not so sure now whether we'll be together in this."

"What about you?" I asked sharply.

"Your escape is somewhat simple because that video was all over the internet. With no questions asked, if one sees you, one will believe your story. What about me? I'm a terrorist and it's so very obvious that staying with me, will only worsened the situation on ground for you. And I'm not so sure about my life anymore."

"But I can stay with you come what may." I said giving a thought about how life without Jamal would be. He had been that annoying yet very important person to me. The Fifteen months with him was a roller coaster ofcourse, but I wouldn't deny the fact that I owe Jamal my life.

The whole of it.

He had been there for me when I had no shoulder to lean. He tolerated all I have done and here he is now, laying his life for me.

"Without going to a refugee camp, I'm just a phone call away from Abbah. And we'll be safe. We will do this. Please." I mumbled slightly to a dashed looking Jamal.

"We. Don't. Have. Time. To. Argue. About. This. Nadrah." He yelled clenching his teeth a bit tighter. If anything,his mind was made up already.

"You need to get back to your Parents. Families are treasures we are to cherish till the very end of our lives. You will laugh with them once more. Spend time with them and be the good girl you've always been." He said, now his voice dropping lowly. He was no longer shouting as the sound of the gunshots was coming nearer with each passing second.

I nodded reassuringly.

I was weak on the bones.

Jamal smiled then said "I love body language response if it only comes from you." a little giggle coming after the smile. I felt something moving from head to my toes. The butterflies were doing their work just elegantly. I doubted if Jamal didn't hear the sound of my stomach churning and the way my cheeks were all red.

'Lord, what's wrong with me.' I mumbled silently with a slight chuckle.

"They've seen us." He dropped the bomb making my stomach to go round yet again. This time, not because of any fush reaction, but that of fear.

Jamal swiftly carried me the bridal style and jumped towards the river we were about to cross earlier before they decided to bless us with their presence. My body was shivering, teeth clenching involuntarily, and head spinning around.

He reached somewhere near the edge of the river. A very huge stone was the end of it. Jamal stopped and placed me adjacent to the stone that has a hole carved out of it. He folded my legs making sure I was not in contact with the water from the flowing river.
In a position where I have the privilege to see anyone that's coming around but not vice versa.