4. "Getting to know the parents."

In a month and a half.

Today we were released early from lessons. Maddie's father called me for dinner and we went to his office.

– Good afternoon, Miss Sheyward, — the receptionist greeted us amiably. — Mr Sheyward is already waiting for you.

– Thanks. Let's go.

We entered the elevator and arrived at the fifteenth floor. Maddie confidently led me to a far table by the panoramic window.

(M)– Hello, dad.

(V)– Hello, daughter.

(M)– Tom, this is my dad Vincent Sheyward. Dad, this is my friend Tom Hiddleston.

(T)– Nice to meet you, Mr Sheyward.

(V)– you can just Vincent, — we shook hands. — Nice to meet you too, Tom. Have a seat.

We sat down at the table. We have been sitting in the restaurant of the same building for an hour now. Maddy's father asked me a lot of questions.

(V)– listen, Tom, can you come to our family for Halloween?

(T)– I'll talk to my parents, sir. I think they will be happy.

(V)– then, I'm waiting for your answer.

(T)– I'm sorry, Sir, it's time for me to go home. They came for me.

(V)– Nice to meet you, Tom.

(T)– nice to meet you too, sir.

(M)– I will see him off, — Maddie said with a smile, leaving the table.

Maddie and I got into the elevator.

– You are lucky, Tom. You're the first person my father liked in seven years.

– truth? I'm flattered)

– so... are you coming to Halloween?

– I think yes.

The elevator has arrived. We went outside.

– Thank you for the evening, — I said.

– It's my pleasure. I'm glad you agreed to come. See you.

For years I felt a kiss on my cheek. Embarrassed, Maddie ran back into the building. Shocked, I got into the car.

A week later.
Pov Maddy.

I sat in the room and prepared for Halloween. I have an angel costume. White jumpsuit and homemade wings.

Knock.

–Come in, Arthur, — I said with a smile.

– what are you doing? — he asked as he entered the room.

– I'm getting ready.

– How do you like my zombie costume?

– cool! Did you do it yourself?

– Yeah, — Arthur said proudly.

– very beautiful.

– You're going?

– Yes now.

We went down. The front door opened and the Hiddlestons entered.

(T)– come on. Hey Maddy.

(M)– hi, — we hugged, — hello.

(T)– family, this is Maddie. Maddie, this is my parents James and Diana Hiddleston. This is Emma younger sister. Sarah unfortunately couldn't come.