9. "Old friends."

When I went home, I heard that my father was talking to someone. I went up to the office.

- Tuki-tuki. Dad, can you?

I froze.

- Uncle Derak! (Derak Wets is Aunt Serena's husband and my mother's older brother. He works for the FBI in Chicago.)

- Hello, Princess.

I ran up and hugged him.

- what are you doing here? - I asked with a smile. - You're supposed to be in the states right now, aren't you?

- I took a vacation and want to spend time with my family.

- It was I who asked him to come, Maddy, - Dad began. - he's helping out with recent events...

- we're keeping a close eye on Marie, princess, and trying to find a connection to the person who's ganging up on you.

- I thought that they had finished their plans. Nothing strange for almost two months...

- Daughter, we still can't relax. At stake is our life... Go to your room, we need to finish.

- yes, well ... Bye, uncle. Was glad to see you.

- See you later, Maddy.

In an hour I did all my homework and decided to go for a walk around the center. I had a constant feeling of being watched.

I went to the park. There I was able to spot my follower. I went deep into the park.

- "He never learned to hide ..." - I thought, sitting down on the bench.

An arrow flew at me from behind. I caught it sharply in my face.

- "God, what are those old tricks?"... Тhere are squirrels on the ground and arrows in the sky!

From all sides, from the trees, jumped four teenagers in masks.

- your tricks are outdated, guys...

- you still owe it, Sheyward! - shouted the guy from behind.

- really? And what is it?

- the final fight!

He attacked from behind, I moved away, from which the guy just flew forward.

- not the best maneuver.

The others also began to attack. I can't say exactly how much time has passed, but less than ten minutes since they retreated. One of the girls took off her mask.

- You're not losing your knack, Maddie!

- 😏 Thank you, Scarlet.

The others also began to take off their masks.

- sorry, I can't say the same about you... Let yourself go.

- Oh thanks, Maddie, we didn't notice, - Robert quipped.

I looked at him and laughed.

- Glad to see you, - I said with a smile, going to hug Robert.

- and we are glad to see you too.

I hugged the guys.

- what are you doing here?

- We missed you, - Elizabeth began. - decided to find you...

- it's all over, - interrupt her Chris. - the teacher is dead... For five years he had health problems.

- We want to ask you for help... - Scarlet said uncertainly. - We have lost everything...

- Wait, Scarlet. Your words don't make sense. If you lost everything, how did you cross the ocean and find me? Since you are here, it means that you have money, and you could now rent an apartment with this money and find a job. It doesn't sound like you need help. You look too good...

I looked confidently at Robert.

- Who?!

- a person who wishes death for your entire family! - Robert said confidently - we don't want to do it, but we have to.

They attacked again. I waved my hands sharply. Wave, and they are already unconscious.

- you chose the wrong path ...

It began to rain. I put on my hood and hurriedly walked home.