Complicated Issues (WoT)

Just a simple idea I had. Happens way late into the story and is still a draft. Nothing will make sense and will only do so when WoT is published.

===

We sat in the crowded cafeteria as usual. Rhodes Island operators kept running back and forth, or perhaps it was just my eyes. They were definitely deceiving me as the coat of blue kept appearing and reappearing. I rarely saw someone NOT in blue walk in.

"Oh Vierren~" Deevy shot out. She held a pair of chopsticks in her hands and used them to poke me in the face. She saw my fists clench on the table, chuckled a bit and continued to poke me more.

I slammed my fist onto the table. The smacking noise was enough to be heard by the Logistics quartet, the Sarkaz and the three Elafia but not by the 200 people in the area. Taking a bite into my bread I had my eyes on the devilish girl. "What do you want?"

"Felt like you were thinking about something." She was right on the money.

"Hmph." I attempted to refute with a weak grunt. Hope laughed. Being the one who's been with me for the longest as far as I can remember, she knew that I was just bluffing. 

Arborist and Firewatch simply watched the three of us stare at each other, before going on to their own little merry world. Texas didn't mind the chaos and continued on with her meal. I find it quite fascinating that she can withstand our red hair's mindless talk about apple pie 24/7. Croissant was eating her own kind while Sora offered Texas some of her food in the name of 'gratitude'.

"So, what are you thinking about? Not something related to poison again please."

I didn't know if I should lie to her or come out clean. Deevy raised the corner of her eyebrows with her lip slightly raised a few inches. I decided to speak up about my thoughts.

"Don't you notice something... weird?"

"What?"

"You know, the one guy who you have tons of chemistry with. Don't make me mention that one incident."

"It was a birthday gift by him. Think something else and I shoot your private off with a .50 cal."

"You're awfully serious when it comes to jokes like these."

"Shut up." Her eyes looked away from mine for a few seconds, before resting them again on mine. "Now that you say it, he isn't here."

"Also, shouldn't we be going to Rhodes island on the 2nd? What are we doing here one day early?"

"The Boss said there was an important package we had to deliver." With nothing to do Texas joined in our conversation. "We've finished it and it wouldn't hurt to arrive early."

"Where's the Boss?"

"Probably drunk somewhere, hold on." The dark-haired Lupo took out her phone with a grey case. She moved her fingers over the monitor and then brought it up to my ears. I took over gripping the phone tight. "If you're still sceptical then you can ask the Boss."

"What do yo-" The famous rapper burped into his microphone. It nearly burst my eardrums. "What do you want?"

"Did you say something about an important package?"

"You dreamin' or somethin'? Too much beer?"

He flat out denied ever talking about a package needing to be delivered. Then why did we come here anyway? Why would he want to keep things hidden from us?

"Why are you so persistent?"

"I just want to know, is there a problem?" 

"Go figure yourself." The penguin hung up. I clenched my teeth in anger while 'calmly' returning the phone to Texas.