Ship deck (WoT)

Here I am with another WoT short, this time from Deevy's perspective. This should be halfway through the story. Again, nothing will make sense.

===

All of us gathered in one of Rhodes Island's break rooms. The usual silence took over as time passed. None of us wanted to speak after what happened that day.

I scanned the room looking for the number of people there. The Logistics crew was present, the Lupo was here and the same goes for the three deers. Usually, Firewatch and her friend would go somewhere else to kill time, yet somehow Arborist managed to convince her to stay in a somewhat packed room.

The silence was worrying and it felt like crows kept passing by.

Exusiai decided to finally talk. I slightly smiled realizing this.

"Arborist? How was Firewatch when she was still a little girl? Was she always this quiet?" She might have just shot an arrow into Firewatch's heart instead of lightening up the mood.

"Mmmmm... I could say s-" The teen spoke but had his mouth instantly covered by the cute Elafia's hand. She was seen visibly flushed and all of us laughed at the scene.

Though it feels like someone is missing.

Him.

How could I forget? I'm such a dummy.

Approaching Hope who was leaning onto the wall lonely in a corner, she raised her eyebrows and her mouth.

"What do you need?" Her questions were simple and short. Just want I always like.

"Have you seen him?" Even after being with each other for months, we still haven't known his name nor seen his face. But whenever we mentioned the word 'him', it would usually refer to the Sankta in question.

"Said something about the landship deck."

"Ah, okay. I'll see you soon."

"See if you can get him to join us. I don't want anyone to be lonely here."

"You're a bit ironic, aren't you? Staying in a corner just spectating. Even Vierren is talking about something normal, and he normally doesn't do that."

We chuckled before parting ways.

...

Unfortunately, the stairs didn't lead to the deck. It kind of did, but there were some security guards guarding the door to the outside. I couldn't afford to stir up drama and took an alternative route.

By alternative route, I mean climbing the outside. It was the only method I could think of at the time.

Carefully making my way out of the landship and into the outer hallways I scanned for whatever I could use to anchor myself to the walls. I should have brought a rope up here.

On the bright side, there was a flight of steel stairs that I could use. If it didn't lead up then my plan of scaling a massive landship would be put into action. Making my way up the distinctive noise of stepping on metal surprisingly increased my heart's beating. I couldn't help but feel anxious.

Anxious for a reason that I don't know.

Holding on to my necklace slightly calmed my soul and the repeated beating faded out being replaced with the gust of wind. It blew in my face obscuring my view as I pushed myself to head up. I placed my hands on the railing and eventually made it up to the deck.