CHAPTER 03

Harry did not understand why Louis spoke to him with great hostility. He assumed that Louis would like him like the rest of the omegas, but he was wrong. The omega had visibly shivered when Harry let him go and he seemed to fight the urge to come closer which meant that Louis' omega and Louis liked him, but he did not understand why the omega refused to accept it.

Harry hated the way Louis' eyes faltered momentarily giving away the hope he had lost when Harry had said that the only reason he was taking him as his omega was because he needed a mate and an heir. It was not that. If he did not want a mate, his mother and his pack would have had no choice, but to respect his decision. He also hated how Louis' guards scaled back up in the blink of an eye.

The omega turned away and stared at the passing greenery. He brought his hand up, making his shirt ride up, and a scar caught Harry's eye and not the first one either. He breathed harshly to avoid letting his anger bubble over and with clenched fists Harry turned away. He wanted to know how it happened and something about Louis told him that knowing Louis' story would make him livid.

««««««☽︎☀︎︎☾︎»»»»»»

One thing Louis had learned during the many years he spent being shoved around and abused was to hide his scent among other things. His heart ached. He felt empty because of a love he craved. He could not lie. He had little hope that maybe the alpha liked the way he looked in the very least, but he set himself up for disappointment. The little bubble of hope that grew burst as it had many times before. He never learned.

He kept the tears brimming his eyes at bay and tried his best to ignore the stabbing pain that bloomed in his chest. There was no conversation between them as the car moved smoothly across the paved road. The alpha did not look at him once and Louis expected no less. He pulled at his sleeves self consciously, making sure his scars were well hidden.

"Which pack are you from?" The alpha's tone was sharp. There was no kindness in it. His voice was icy. Louis coughed into his closed fist to rid himself of the lump in his throat.

"Does it matter?"

"Yes. We need to go there first." Louis' entire body stiffened. He could not go back. He did not want to go back. He turned to face the alpha. He was met with a pronounced jawline and an admirable side profile.

"Lucian pack." Louis turned away, digging his fingernails into his palms. He flinched lightly when a hand reached out and wrapped around his fist.

"Stop." The alpha still lacked kindness as he moved Louis' fingers away from his dented and bleeding palm. "You're hurting yourself." Louis looked into the alpha's eyes that remained unreadable. Louis almost wanted to scoff. The pain he felt in his palms was nothing compared to the pain he had gone through in his pack.

"I don't want to go back." The alpha's jaw ticked. "I never want to go back there ever again." Louis' voice was thick with emotion that he tried to suppress. "Please."

Harry's eyes darkened. "Your belongings?" He asked voice strained.

Louis did not want to ever go back for those. That would mean he had to go inside his house, but he did not want to risk going in there alone. "Will...will you come inside the house with me?" He asked, his throat dry. If there was someone as powerful as the Styles alpha, no one would hurt him.

"If that is what you wish."

"Please." It was only when the alpha's warmth moved away that he realised that Harry was holding his hand.

"Towards the Lucian pack, Silva." The car took a familiar turn and anxiety bubbled in Louis' blood. He chewed at his lip as flashbacks played through his memory. Each one just as bad as the last. He shook his head in an attempt to get rid of the thoughts plaguing his mind, but they festered, following him around everywhere he went.