Chapter 05

The light beating down on him made him feel warm. He stirred awake and blinked his eyes open slowly, getting past his eyelashes sticking together. His body was not as exhausted as it normally was and he felt a little less pain radiating in his bones. It was then that the possible reason for the change in his body, in his omega, rushed back to him. He was fully alert. He attempted scramble away, but the weight over his body was like a log.

The alpha had an arm and leg draped over him and his nose was pressed against Louis' scent gland, sending a shiver down his spine. Louis continued to try and wriggle his way out only for a growl to be heard. "Stop moving." The alpha's voice was groggy from sleep and extremely rough. Louis was a weak omega for admitting that hi-the alpha's voice sounded like sin. "Relax, pup," he muttered into Louis' neck as he lapped over the skin.

Louis whined. "Please stop," he whispered although he tilted his neck to grant the alpha more access.

"Your actions contradict your words, pup. You ask me stop and then you ask for more. What do I do with you?" The alpha asked rhetorically as he tapped his finger against Louis' hip. Harry nosed along the omega's skin, his own skin colliding with scars. "So many scars, pup," Harry said. Louis froze. He pulled himself away and Harry let him move away.

Louis stood to his feet and wrapped his hands around himself as if to shield himself. He was still dressed in the same clothes he was wearing yesterday. He could not look at the alpha. "I told you. I am not worth the trouble you went through. If you had not chosen me, I would have been gone in two days. I would not be here to be judged or teased or whatever it is you have planned for me." Harry pushed the covers away roughly and stood to his feet. His chest was bare and it puffed slightly.

Ink draped his skin tantalisingly and Louis wanted to discover each and every single one. Harry stood toe to toe with Louis as his nostrils flared. He placed his hand on the back of Louis' neck and squeezed lightly. Using his other hand, he tilted the omega's chin up. "Have I been unkind to you at any point since you met me?" Harry asked and Louis had no response. He avoided the alpha's eyes and stared off to the side. "Look at me, pup." Harry gripped his chin a little tighter. "I understand that you find it hard to trust me for whatever reason that I hope you will tell me in the future, but I am not going to hurt you," Harry emphasised his words calmly. He lowered his hand and took Louis' shaking one in his own. He placed it on his chest where Louis could feel the lub dub of Harry's heart. "As long as this heart beats, you will be safe and you will never have to be scared. I can promise you that." Harry's words were gentle.

"Do you understand me omega?" Harry asked after a minute of letting his words sink in. Louis nodded shakily. "Use your words."

"Yes," Louis breathed out. "I.....I just want my own room for a while.....please." His words were wary, the fear of being rejected evident.

"As you wish. It will be arranged, but my room is accessible to you at any given time as is any part of this home. You have been assigned a beta guard. His name is Liam and he is bonded to Zayn. I will give you a tour of the house and Liam will give you a tour of the pack. Do not let anyone disrespect you and do not be disrespectful either," Harry said, his words colder than minutes before.

Since Louis had met Harry the previous day, he had never sounded this cold and now that it was directed at Louis, he feared that this was what it would be like for the rest of his life. "I understand. Can I take a shower?" He asked, a bit coldly, matching the alpha's tone. If the alpha was going to be cold to him, he was going to guard his heart, build brick walls lined with barbed wire. Harry nodded.

"I do not use any scented soaps and neither should you." Louis did not use scented products either way so he ignored the alpha and walked around him to reach the bathroom. Once the door to the large bathroom was closed behind him, he sank down against the door and pressed the heels of his palms to his eyes.

What had his life become? He slowly pulled himself up and started peeling his clothes off in front of the mirror. He did it so he could see the reasons as to why he should guard himself because if the alpha saw these before, he would never be here. Once he was bare, he hugged himself tightly as tears rolled down his cheeks silently. "It's okay Louis. You will be okay." He told himself as he stepped under a stream of water. He hissed at the cold spray that attacked him, but let himself feel the cold that seeped into him.

As he washed himself, he wished the soap glided over his skin smoothly, but too often it went over scars and more tears rolled down his face. He never let himself shed tears in front of people. That always bit him in the back. He stepped out of the shower, pulling a towel out from beneath a cabinet. It was not ratty or old and the bathroom actually worked unlike the one where he grew up. It was a lot of comfort Louis was not used to.

He wrapped himself up tightly in the towel before slowly stepping out of the bathroom. Harry was seated on the bed with his brows furrowed as he stared at his phone. The alpha looked up and upon seeing Louis, his frowned deepened. Louis felt disgusted with himself. He covered his arms with his hands. "Do you know where I can find my clothes?" He asked, his voice hoarse from crying.

The alpha stared at him. It was unsettling and he felt judged. The grip around his arms tightened as he shifted on his feet. Then he stood up. He walked past Louis and towards a heap of bags that lay near a cupboard. "You may arrange them as you please. Since you want your own room, these will be moved there. They are all for you." The alpha was blind to the confusion on Louis' face as he retrieved some clothes.

He stood in front of the omega, the clothes in his outstretched hands. "I need to see what was done to you. You cannot hide from me, pup." Harry gave him a crooked smile that made a dimple ghost over his cheek. Louis understood. Harry had the right to ask that of him and Louis was to obey. "You may wear your underwear." Louis took the boxers that were in the pile and pulled them up and over his thighs until they sat firmly on him. With a slow intake of breath, Louis undid his towel, eyes welling up in the process and dropped it to the floor.

He squeezed his eyes shut soon after. He did not wish to see the disgust in Harry's eyes. If he did not see, it would not hurt as much. He felt tears escape him as Harry turned him around. Rough fingers traced over his scars and burns. They were not covering his whole body, but there was enough to make an alpha shy away from him. He was turned around again and pulled against a solid chest.

"I am sorry you endured so much pain." Harry's rough hands were gentle on his skin. "Should you tell me who did this to you, I will make them suffer," Harry said as he growled lowly. He slowly withdrew from Louis and held out the clothes for Louis. As Louis quickly covered himself as shame bubbled through him, Harry spoke. "I do not wish to see tears in your eyes, pup. I know you cried in there. I can see it." Harry confused Louis. One moment, he was cold to Louis and the next moment, he was caring and soft with him.

An hour later, after Louis had eaten a small breakfast, stomach not yet used to the amount of food he was served since he did not get this much food growing up, the alpha introduced him to Liam and to Zayn as well as the rest of the staff. Afterwards, Harry left to his office, leaving Louis with Liam.

"I can give you a tour of the pack, Luna," Liam said with his head held in a slight bow.

"Louis. Please call me Louis and yes I would like that." Liam flashed him a brief smile and nodded.

"This way, Louis."

●●●

I am currently in the middle of my mocks, but I felt really bad because u haven't updated in a long time. Enjoy:)

Stay Safe♡