Chapter 11

I apologise for the long wait. Things have been crazy. I suck at writing smut.

•••

Harry woke up to the feeling of Louis rutting against him. His scent wrapped around him like a blanket and he felt himself losing control as his last shreds of consciousness faded and his pupils were blown red.

The last thing he remembered before he was pulled under completely was knotting his omega and biting down into his flesh. The sound of wolves howling made his chest rumble as his awareness disappeared.

««««««☽︎☀︎︎☾︎»»»»»»

Louis' eyelids felt heavy as he slowly blinked them open. His body felt weighed down and warm. He was exhausted, but a foreign sense of calm, peace, and love weighed heavily on him. He let out a deep breath as his vision cleared. The pressure against his bladder alerted him to his need to stand up, but the hand draped across his abdomen prevented him from moving. His alarm grew as he tracked the hand, covered in ink to the shoulder adjoining it until his eyes landed on the face of the person the hand belonged to. Harry.

Even in his sleep, Harry sensed Louis' panic as pheromones filled the air and Harry nosed along Louis' scent gland. Louis felt himself shiver as he calmed down. The hand draped across him moved upwards until it was gripping the side of his neck. The light pressure made him moan. "Mmm you smell so good," Harry mumbled into Louis' neck.

Louis squirmed, attempting to move away. "Let me go."

"No."

"I need to pee." Harry rolled away with a grunt and watched as Louis struggled onto his feet. He winced as he waddled towards the bathroom and a smirk spread across Harry's face as he watched Louis disappear.

Louis walked back into their bedroom and their combined scents invaded his senses. He felt safe. He walked forward slowly and climbed back onto the bed and turned his gaze towards Harry and worded his fears. "Do you....regret it?"

Harry's fingers found their way into Louis' hair and he started to ease the knots in it. "Regret what?"

Louis' insecurity seeped into their fresh bond and Harry could feel it like it was his own. It left a bitter taste on his tongue. "Mating me," Louis whispered. He felt needy, but the lack of assurance in his life had left him a mess.

Harry frowned. "Why would I? You're the best thing that has happened to me," Harry confessed. He pulled his hand away from Louis' hair to move his own hair away from his neck. What greeted Louis left him a little lost for words. A fresh mark—not as big as the one he had seen on his neck—was cemented into the alpha's skin.

Louis instinctively reached out and touched the mark, and Harry groaned. Before Louis could snatch his hand away, Harry's bigger one covered his own, pressing it down on the hot flesh. "Did I-" Louis gulped. "Did I do that?"

Harry nodded. "You did, pup."

"Is it permanent?" Louis asked, almost fearfully. What if his alpha did not want a permanent mark? He did not know it was possible for an omega to mark an alpha.

"Yes," Harry replied as he gave Louis a soft smile.

"Omegas can mark their alpha?"

Harry raised an eyebrow and he smiled to himself at the use of the word "their." He cleared his throat and let the smile slip as he propped himself up against the headboard. Harry spread his legs and beckoned Louis towards himself.

While hesitance laced Louis' movements, he moved towards Harry's spread legs and leaned against his warm, bare chest. Louis felt a calm envelope him, a calm he did not know he craved. "Nowadays, they can't, but historically, they can," Harry explained as he traced patterns on Louis' skin.

"What do you mean?"

"Historically, alphas and omegas were not mixed with humans although they could shift. They were from pure lines, but as humans and wolves started mixing, pure lines faded and only a few like yours and mine, remained. In pure wolf lines, omegas could permanently mark their alphas the same way alphas could mark their omegas. Diluted line wolves cannot so the mark you gave me pup is permanent," Harry explained.

Louis took a moment to sort his thoughts out and clear his head. The mark he had given Harry during their bonding....would not fade. It was permanent. A sense of pride washed over his skin at the thought of other wolves being able to tell that Harry was marked for the rest of his life.

Harry's chest shook beneath his back as he chuckled. "I can feel what you feel pup." Heat rose to Louis' cheeks and he leaned away only for Harry's palm to push him back against his chest. "I will wear your mark with pride. I will never cover it from anyone. I am not ashamed of my omega." Warmth spread through every fibre of Louis' being and he felt himself relaxing into Harry's hold, boneless. Reassurance he did not know he needed was given to him so easily by his alpha. The same alpha he wanted nothing to do with in the beginning. The same cold alpha Louis thought he would fall into a vicious cycle of his past with.

There was a knock on the door followed by the sound of something being kept on the floor before footsteps retreated. Louis crawled out of Harry's reach and walked towards the door, his nudity not occurring to him. He pulled the door open and lifted the tray into the room before he pushed the door closed with his hip.

They spent the remainder of the day in bed getting to know each other and feeding each other. Louis hesitated at the intimacy and communication, but he did his best to communicate with Harry about things.

He learned that Harry became the alpha of his pack at a very young age and his cold demeanor was always present unless he was with his mother or.....Louis.

As the day turned into night, Louis was clean, the sheets were changed and he was cuddled up against Harry. The thought of it was so scary, but he felt himself craving the feeling and wanting to be near Harry.

●●●

I know this was fluffy and almost like a filler, but I promise, the plot will get interesting from here on out:)

Stay Safe♡