Chapter 06

Liam guided him through the bustle of a lively pack. Gardens littered the path with tall trees and shouts and giggles of children were heard. The Lucian pack was not like this as far as he knew. There was no animosity here.

Curious eyes peered over their work to stare at Louis as he walked through the pack. None remained on him too long as the powerful scent of the pack alpha swayed their way with the wind. It only meant one thing. This was their luna. The tour ended in an arena where many young alphas were in training.

They were sweating and their bodies were glistening in the sun. He scoffed lightly when one of the alpha's cockily hit his opponent only for him to fall flat on his ass. All heads snapped his way and a fuming alpha glared at him. "Would you like to try, omega." The young alpha's tone was so condescending that Lous stepped forward.

"Please do not. Alpha Styles will have my head," Liam pleaded, but the smirk on the young alpha's face, fuelled his anger.

"You will be fine. I will not let anything happen to you," Louis assured the beta as he stepped forward. He rolled his stiff shoulders back and took the sword offered to him. "Try me," he mocked the alpha and watched as the alpha charged at him.

He dodged the blade easily, sliding his feet along the sand. The alpha turned with a speed Louis found commendable, and charged at him again. Louis blocked the blade and ducked below. In one swift motion, he kicked the backs of the alpha's knees and watched as he lost his balance and hit the sand with a cloud of dust rising up above him.

The alpha coughed as everyone around them remained in absolute silence. When the young alpha opened his eyes, there was a blade held against his neck and an omega hovering above him.

Louis smirked. "I may be an omega, but I am far from weak." He had just finished his sentence when a growl bellowed through the air, sending shivers up his spine and forcing him to lower his head in submission. He hated it. He hated that it was in his nature to submit. He smelled the alpha before he saw him. The pack alpha took big strides and approached them.

"Do not bow to me, pup." Harry sounded irritated, but a gentle finger lifted his chin. The alpha's eyes were cold as he turned away, his heat leaving Louis completely. "What are you doing fighting your luna? That is treason." The young alpha shook in fear as his alpha's eyes flashed red.

Louis' mind snapped out of its stupor. "Don't. I am not hurt. I accepted the challenge." Louis attempted to sooth the alpha as he turned around, allowing the alpha to assess him for any injuries.

He stared with irritation as his jaw flexed. He growled and pinned his gaze to his omega. "Liam, take him back to the house. I will be there in a moment." His fist clenched and unclenched in an attempt to maintain his composure.

"Don't hurt him," Louis whispered in a quiet plea as he reluctantly followed Liam.

Once Louis was out of earshot, he turned his burning gaze to the trainees. He wanted to punish the alpha for his recklessness, but his omega's words made him hesitate. He growled as he settled on complying with Louis's wish. "My omega beat our best trainee. That should not be happening," he growled lowly as he turned around and marched back in the direction of his house.

As he entered, Harry shut the door with more force than necessary that made the omega that was pacing nervously, jump. "Do you understand what you did?!" Harry shouted making the omega flinch. "You could have been hurt! You could have been killed!" He bellowed.

Louis's hands curled into fists as he held his tears at bay. "I can hold my own! I've been doing it for so long! I don't need some alpha to tell me what to do!" Louis retaliated with anger.

Harry's chest was heaving as he approached Louis, backing up until Louis's back collided with a wall. Harry caged him in with his hands and one fist slammed against the wall. Louis flinched, but he did not move nor did he let his fear show or the whimper he suppressed spill past his lips. "That may be so, but you are now my omega! My responsibility. You cannot do things like that. I am not ordering you around. I am simply asking that you do not do stuff that will cause you harm when there is no need to!" Harry's voice rose with each sentence.

His chest was heaving and he was radiating with anger. It was then that Louis's defense mechanism kicked in. Harry witnessed the change as the blue colour of Louis's eyes faded slightly and a glimpse of silver peeked through. Louis's spine went rigid and his heart shut off and Harry bore witness to the visible change. "You are not my alpha. I did not ask you to pick me. I was not in harms way. I knew what I was doing. How do you think I survived so long?" Louis's voice was calm, cold, and detached.

Harry hated it. He hated how Louis sounded, but he had never chased an omega before and he was not about to anytime soon. "I promised to watch out for you and I was simply fulfilling my responsibilities towards you. I chose you because I do not like women and I am to produce an heir. You seemed attractive enough so I picked you. It was nothing personal." Lies. Every word that left Harry was a lie. That was not the reason. "Don't get it twisted. I will never love you. I will bond you and I will fuck you. I will give you a child, I will help you raise that child and I will love that child, but I will never love you." It was the final blow.

Louis felt every single word like the edge of a sharp blade. "Is that all?" He kept his voice calm.

The alpha did not reply. Louis ducked from beneath his arm and walked towards the stairs. He paused before he commenced his ascend. "It was my idea. Liam was against it. Leave him alone." With that, Louis was gone. He walked calmly to his room. He closed the door, and twisted the key until the familiar click of a door being locked was heard.

The room was bare apart from his new clothes and belongings piled up near the bed. He leaned against the door and slid to the ground. His hands went around his knees and he rested his chin on them as the first traitorous tear escaped him followed by another and then another. He knew it was too good to be true.

He replayed Harry's words in his mind for what felt like hours and he felt his eyes shut as he drifted off to sleep. Why did he even care? His heart should not ache, but it did. He felt it in his every limb. Harry drove his point home and Louis would never forget it.

««««««☽︎☀︎︎☾︎»»»»»»

Harry closed the door behind himself once he entered his office. He picked up a glass and it went flying across the room, shattering into little pieces as it collided with the wall. He took it too far. He should not have been so harsh. He should not have hurt his omega that badly.

Harry knew it was natural for Louis to not trust him after what had happened to him in the past, but those words—"You're not my alpha"—they made something in him snap. He should have kept his control.

He dropped onto a chair and rubbed his face as he groaned. What the fuck was wrong with him? Why would he say that? He did not mean any of it. They were all mostly lies. God, he was so stupid. He fucked up.

Fuck.

●●●

Sorry it took me so long. I'm currently studying and I've been active, but I got distracted writing one shots:')

I think Harry messed up a bit:')

Please forgive me.

Stay Safe My Kings, Queens, and Royalties<3