Chapter 04

Harry opened the door, but Louis pressed himself against it, forcing it shut. "It's just me, Louis," Harry said and waited for the pressure against the door to ease up before he pushed the door open gently and stepped inside. He closed the door behind him and stared at the omega. Louis' face was defiant, but his hands were shaking.

««««««☽︎☀︎︎☾︎»»»»»»

Everything in Louis screamed the need for comfort. When he smelled Alexander Lucian's repulsive scent, he had frozen in place, but then a loud scream later, the scent faded. Harry had protected him. The alpha watched him like a hawk. He clenched his fists when Harry's eyes dropped down to his shaking hands.

He breathed in through his nose, trying to calm his racing heart. The alpha's head tilted lightly. "I can hear your heartbeat. You are scared," he stated as he drew nearer.

Louis took a cautious step back, but that did not deter Harry as he ate the distance between them in long strides. A warm hand landed at the side of his neck and Harry started drawing circles on the lightly scarred skin. The alpha moved then until he was seated on the bed. He pulled Louis down onto him and pushed the omega's face towards his scent gland. "Breathe." Louis did. He breathed in the pheromones Harry was releasing and he felt himself relaxing.

"I'm sorry you need to deal with this," Louis said, but made no move to rise from where he was seated. He was too comfortable to move away.

"You are my omega Louis. You need not apologise for your fear. That disgusting alpha seems to have done something to you and I will wait until you tell me, but I will keep you safe." Harry's words reached a depth within Louis' heart that no one had ever attempted to reach, but he could not trust the alpha's words.

Trusting an alpha never ended well for an omega and he had the displeasure of experiencing the consequences himself. He pulled back slowly, a shiver running down his spine as the sudden change in his sensors kicked in. He reluctantly moved to his feet and moved towards his measly belongings before returning to the alpha's side who was now on his feet. "We will leave now." Harry's words sent a chill down the omega's spine.

Harry took the little bag out of Louis' grip gently before he gestured for the omega to walk ahead of him. He held the door open while Louis stepped into the hallway, a chill ghosting through him, sending a shiver down his spine. The site of blood splattered on the floor made Louis squirm, but he dared not to anger the alpha.

"I don't know why such a respectable alpha would choose him." His parents harsh words that carried itself up the stairs brought back unpleasant glimpses from his past; of gutting words and harsh truths.

A hand snaked around his waist in a gentle grip and he was guided down the stairs. Louis felt the calloused lining of those rough hands as its grip got tighter when they reached the ground floor of his childhood "home." The incessant voices that belonged to his parents quietened as they walked past the threshold of Louis' old house. Harry glanced once over his shoulder. "He will never step foot in this hellhole again." His declaration was firm, and sent shockwaves through the entire pack as the strong alpha timbre forced wolves onto their knees. Louis felt himself relaxing despite the strength of the timbre. Odd.

Harry guided Louis out of the house and into the waiting vehicle. He opened the door for Louis and waited until the omega was situated in his seat before climbing in after him. "Thank you." Louis' words rang through the silence after a few pregnant minutes.