Chapter 07

"You fucking ungrateful shit!" The voice was loud and the face was full of fury. A hand gripped him painfully and he was thrown. He landed with a thud and scooted backwards, his chest heaving.

He was scared. What was Alexander Lucian going to do? The alpha was unpredictable and he hated Louis with a passion.

Then he was on him and Louis was kicking, screaming, trying to escape what the man was trying to do to him. Tears streaked his face and he was going to drop.

Bang!

Harry rushed inside his omega's room. He was thrashing. Kicking. Screaming. What made his chest ache the most were the tears that streaked his face.

His movements were hurried as he rid himself of his shoes and kneeled near the bed. "Louis. Pup," he said as he slowly shook the omega with one hand while combing his fingers through the omega's hair with the other. His hair was damp as sweat glistened on his skin. He shook the omega lightly, scenting the air around him. "Come back to your alpha, pup. Wake up for me," he coaxed the omega.

Louis's movements ceased before he jerked upwards, breathing heavily. Louis was trembling. Harry had never seen him in this state. Completely out of control. Beads of sweat ran down his face as he attempted to calm his racing heart. Louis was distressed.

He tentatively reached out and placed his calloused hand on Louis's arm. The warmth seeped into Louis who was still disoriented. He turned his head slowly to see Harry. He pulled his hand away. He scrambled away from the alpha's grasp. "Out! Leave!" He yelled. His voice was hoarse from his nightmare. His mind was racing and he was distressed. "I don't want you here," he whispered.

"Louis, I know you don't like me right now, but-"

"There are no 'buts.' Leave." Louis looked away. He refused to look at his alpha. Not after everything he had said. Not after he stabbed him in his chest. He hated that Harry was his alpha. He hated that he knew. He wanted nothing to do with him.

Harry's restraint was grave as he stood to his feet after a final attempt. He marched out of the room, the door banging shut loudly behind him. Louis's hands were trembling as he pulled the covers over him while he tried to regulate his breathing. He hated that Alexander still haunted him. He hated Alexander for what he did.

He curled in on himself as he placed his hand over his racing heart and rubbed at it to soothe the ache. Harry's words replayed in his mind. "I will never love you." He was naive for even entertaining the idea of it turning out any different.

He was not loveable. He knew that and he was going to be stuck in a loveless bond for the rest of his life. He would never feel cared for. He supposed he would get used to it. The familiarity of being unloved was known to him. There was a soft knock on his door before Liam walked in.

Liam moved closer and gently pulled the cover off Louis's trembling form. "Can I do anything for you?" The beta asked in a pained voice. Liam showed kindness, but he was loyal to Harry. He could not be trusted.

"I want to be alone," he whispered still looking away.

"As you wish," Liam said reluctantly before he was gone. Louis was cold. He was cold, and alone in an unfamiliar territory. At least in the Lucian pack, he knew where to hide. Maybe Harry would get a consort and he would be ignored. Maybe Harry already had a consort. He sobbed into his palm silently.

His heart ached. The hurt spread through him viciously. He had always been dealt a cruel set of cards. He had never truly known love. Maybe he never would. He did not know how much time passed, but he was being summoned to dinner. He locked the door and tried to find a place to hide.