Chapter 08

Dedicated to Larrydiehardfan

Harry was seated at breakfast for half an hour now. Louis had not come down. He sent Liam to check on him, but he received no response. He stood to his feet in a haste and grabbed the spare keys before he went to Louis's room. He did not want to invade Louis's privacy, but he was worried.

When he unlocked the door, he was met with silence, an empty room, and an open window. Harry panicked. Did his omega run away? Was Harry that unbearable.

He ran. Down the stairs and out of his house. He was on the street in a matter of minutes. He slowed his pace when he was able to pick up on the subtle scent of his omega. He followed it to a crowd gathered outside Maura's bakery. The crowd parted for him when he approached and the site he was met with was beyond words.

His heart was still racing, but the fear and the panic that bloomed within him had subsided upon seeing Louis covered in flour and laughing with Niall. His omega had crinkles by his eyes. He hated himself for his words when he saw how sweet Louis was when he was happy. He wanted to be the one who made his omega happy.

Niall's eyes caught on him and the omega could not contain himself. "Alpha!" Louis froze and he hated himself. "I was just teaching Lou-our Luna how to bake!" The omega exclaimed all too happily.

"Louis. Not Luna, please," his omega said, his voice soft.

Harry's face remained stoic as he approached. He picked up one of the warm buns off the plate and slowly bit into it. He saw the way Louis bit his lip almost as if he was anticipating Harry's reaction and Harry gained twisted satisfaction from it. His omega wanted to please him.

He leaned in close to his omega's ear ignoring the way he slightly tensed. It only fuelled his rage towards himself. "This is amazing, pup. If you want to bake, I can get you whatever you need hm?" He pulled back to watch the redness that bloomed on his omega's cheeks. So soft. He almost reached out to caress his omega's cheek just to feel his skin. "I couldn't find you this morning." There was no heat behind his words although panic and fear gripped at his heart when he could not find Louis.

"I wanted to explore," Louis said. His words were soft, but it held an edge to it. Harry hated it. He hated that his omega did not enjoy speaking to him, but he had no one to blame, but himself.

"Okay," Harry conceded. He did not tell the omega about the fear or the panic he felt and he showed no emotions on his face. "The pack seems to like you." It was a statement. Louis hugged himself and shrugged. It was awkward. "I saw you liked reading. Maybe I can show you the library at home." The small light in Louis's eyes made his lips twitch slightly. His omega liked that idea. "Have you eaten? And I don't mean bread rolls." Louis shook his head. "Let's get you something to eat hm? I haven't eaten since last night either. Let's go," Harry said as he looked at Louis.

"You haven't eaten?" The omega sounded confused.

"You weren't there." Harry shrugged easily. Louis felt something build in his chest. A soft pressure. His often times kind, but other times cruel alpha had not eaten because he had not. That did not settle well with his omega who grew restless.

"I am sorry."

"It was my fault," Harry acknowledged as they walked through the streets with an occasional smile and a wave in the direction of their pack members. Louis did not deny it.

"Luna!" Louis stopped in his tracks when a little boy bound towards him. He had a wreath of flowers dangling in one of his hands. Louis bent down as he approached. His smile was so innocent and Louis could not remember a time he did not live in constant fear. "I made you a flower crown." The little boy blushed beautifully.