Sunshine Before The Rain

The privilege that Seo Dae Young gets as a general's son-in-law is being relieved from special missions abroad, even if only for the first 6 months since his daughter was born. He served as a trainer at a military school. Meanwhile, Myung Joo gets 6 months of post-natal leave before she returns to the military hospital. The 6-month period was best used by the couple to spend time with their child.

Time passes so quickly. The assignment letter has summoned Dae Young to leave for Lebanon, while Myung Joo's leave has also ended. While Myung Joo is working, Sunny will be entrusted to her grandmother's house, Myung Joo's mother and raised by a babysitter.

On the last day before Dae Young's departure, there is no special event. The day goes on as usual, Dae Young leaving for military school to sort things out, while Myung Joo goes to the hospital after dropping her daughter off at her parents' house.

Dae Young comes home early. He went to his father-in-law's house to pick up his daughter. Since Myung Joo isn't home yet, Dae Young takes the initiative to cook dinner. He didn't learn from previous experiences that made the kitchen a mess to make tarts. But he at least learned one thing, don't cook with Yoo Shi Jin. He called Kim Ki Beom via video call.

"Hyung, the carrot pieces are not small enough."

"Like this?" Dae Young shows him the carrots he just cut.

"Yeah, that's it. The potatoes are a little bigger than that."

"Okay, okay."

After all the ingredients are cut, Dae Young starts cooking the curry according to Ki Beom's instructions. First, the meat and garlic are sautéed, then the vegetables are added. All ingredients are boiled until boiling.

Sunny is crying. She had just woken up from her nap. Dae Young leaves the kitchen to calm his daughter down. He carried the baby into the kitchen to show Uncle Ki Beom. Sunny stopped crying when she saw Ki Beom's silly face cheering her on via video call.

"Ah... she's getting cuter, Hyung. I want to hold her. Can't I just postpone my assignment to Lebanon for a month? No, just a week! Why I go straight to Lebanon from Urk without going back to Korea for a while?"

"Don't ask permission from me, but from your captain."

"Tsk... Captain Lee is a very stiff and grumpy person, unlike Captain Yoo or you. Hm... I can't wait to work under you again."

"Hey, I'm also a strict and fierce captain, you know?"

"But not too strict like Captain Lee. Oh, wait a minute, how many minutes has it been? Hyung, your curry!"

"Ah!!!" Dae Young stutters. No wonder his nose smelled burnt from earlier. He quickly turned off the stove and stared in horror at the blackened pan with the sticky charred vegetables on top.

~~~

"Yes, I'm still in Urk. Sorry honey, you still can't see my handsome face, because my return is delayed for a few more days. I don't know when exactly, I'll let you know later. Hm... yes... see you.. ." After giving a kiss, Shi Jin turned off his cell phone.

In fact, Shi Jin was calling Mo Yeon from the base in Seoul. Yes, Seoul, South Korea. While securing a territory in Urk, he was shot in the stomach. When he returned to South Korea, Shi Jin did not go straight home or to the military hospital. He is staying at the headquarters clinic.

Myung Joo throws a sharp, irritated glance.

"You have a doctor wife in a big hospital, why are you even here?"

"I'm a soldier, I should get medical treatment from the military."

"It's not even a military hospital."