Snowdrops

Still in mourning, Myung Joo has to go back to work. She had used too many privileges as a general's daughter. As usual, she will leave Sunny at her parents' house while she works.

“Oh, Yoon Myung Joo,” she met Shi Jin at the Army headquarters. Myung Joo salutes her senior, and Shi Jin returns it.

"Why are you here?"

"For work, what else?"

Shi Jin looked at her with concern, "are you okay?"

Myung Joo shrugs, "Grieving too long is useless. Tears can't keep my daughter full. I have to earn a living to provide for Sunny. I'm all she has now."

Shi Jin couldn't help but take a deep breath.

"Don't hesitate if you need my help."

"Sure, I won't hesitate."

"Oh, by the way..." Shi Jin took out something from his uniform pocket, a letter envelope, "Ki Beom left this for you."

Myung Joo just glanced at the envelope in Shi Jin's hand without any intention to take it. She knew what was in the envelope.

"This is Dae Young's will."

"I know."

Shi Jin took Myung Joo's hand, placed the letter in her palm, then walked away first leaving her alone.

Myung Joo looked at the envelope in her hand. She took the letter into the medical room, then threw it in the locker just like that.

"I won't read it. I won't even read it until I die. That's your punishment, Seo Dae Young."

~~~

~~~

It was still noon, Shi Jin returned home. He has been living in the Army dormitory for 3 days with the soldiers who are still single. At this hour Mo Yeon was usually still in the hospital. Shi Jin needs some new underwear.

He and his wife are still at war. Both were stubborn and neither wanted to budge first. Shi Jin still maintains that he is innocent. Mo Yeon is guilty of having a relationship that looks special with another man, not to mention Mo Yeon's words that night that she was not happy while living with him. It hurt him.

When Shi Jin opened the wardrobe, he was stunned. Half of the cupboard was empty. There were only Shi Jin's clothes and personal belongings, while Mo Yeon's was empty.

Shi Jin snorted sinisterly, then slammed the closet door.

This war is no joke!

~~~

Snowflakes falling from the dark sky. Myung Joo raised her hand to accept the small white flakes. This time she didn't expect any miracles, because this isn't snow that falls once a hundred years, nor is Dae Young's body actually buried under the snowy ground. But seeing the snow makes her think of Dae Young.