Over The Rainbow

Several high-ranking officials at Gangwon Headquarters were reported on suspicion of corruption. However, after investigating, no evidence was found. Even so, General Yoon still suspicions. Funding for the procurement of weapons at the Gangwon Headquarters is quite large, but the inventory of weapons and equipment is not as much as the costs incurred. Even though data on the use of weapons for training has been shown to be appropriate, General Yoon still wants to investigate further.

Several years ago there was an unfortunate incident at that headquarters. A major was killed by a landmine explosion. And after his death, it was revealed that he had committed corruption in the procurement of firearms and sold the weapons illegally.

General Yoon is worried that a similar incident will happen again. So he sent Yoo Shi Jin to investigate this secretly. Coincidentally, one of the regiment commanders was transferred to the Army headquarters in another city, so Yoo Shi Jin will take his place.

While carrying out his main duties as regimental commander, Shi Jin also checked the financial report. He also occasionally goes to the weapons warehouse. During the month he served in Gangwon, so far there was nothing strange. Maybe there wasn't any cheating, or the perpetrator played more neatly.

~~~

This weekend Shi Jin returned home briefly to Seoul. From the dorm to the car park, he felt someone was following him. When he passed through a glass door, he could see who it was. He chuckled a little. When he entered his car, the person who was following him also got into the car and sat in the passenger seat.

"Why did you sneak around like a stalker just to come home in my car?"

Myung Joo just grinned as she put on her seat belt.

"You want to go to Seoul, right? I'll come along."

"Where is your own car?"

"I lent it to Bo Gyeol."

"Then Sunny, are you leave her?"

"Of course not! We'll pick her up first, then stop by the mini market for a moment to buy some milk and snacks."

"Am I your personal driver?"

"Excuse me..." Shi Jin's car window was knocked. Captain Lim showed a big smile while saluting.

Shi Jin rolled down his car window, returning Captain Lim's salute.

"Yes, Captain Lim, what's wrong?"

"You're going to Seoul, right?"

"Yes."

"Can I get a ride?"

"Huh?"

"Yes, please, just go up, Captain Lim," Myung Joo invited.

"Thank you," Captain Lim immediately climbed into the back seat.

Shi Jin glanced annoyed at Myung Joo, "is this your car?"

"Don't be stingy, we're all on the same path."

"Wow, your car is very comfortable. This must be expensive. This isn't an official car, right?" Captain Lim admired the interior of Shi Jin's car while touching the seats and roof.

Shi Jin just chuckled uncomfortably.

"Oh, the music player uses Bluetooth, right? Can I play music from my playlist?"

"Oh yes, please, I'll turn on the Bluetooth," Myung Joo fiddled with the music player in front of her.

"Do you guys like trot?"

"Yeah. Lately I've been listening to Lim Young Woong."

"Wow... it turns out we have the same taste, Lieutenant Yoon."