The Cloud Embraces The Sun

Shi Jin and Mo Yeon's divorce process took almost half a year. Shi Jin refused to sign the divorce papers. He tried his best to maintain his household. He even gave up his high position in the special forces division and is now cooped up in an air-conditioned room in the administrative section, struggling with the documents he dislikes the most.

However, Mo Yeon is still not willing to withdraw her lawsuit. Their families and friends have also tried to persuade her. But no one can break her decision. Now she refuses calls from anyone because she knows what they will discuss, and she doesn't want to explain anything, nor listen to any advice.

Until one day, when Shi Jin was about to meet Mo Yeon at the hospital, he witnessed his wife having a meal with the man he had previously beaten out of jealousy which was considered baseless. But in reality now Mo Yeon is clearly with the man, eating together while joking and laughing as if she is carefree.

And from that day on, Shi Jin stopped to rebuild the rubble of his household. He signed the divorce papers.

~~~

KNOCK... KNOCK... KNOCK...

The hammer being tapped three times echoed in the courtroom. Yoo Shi Jin and Kang Mo Yeon have officially divorced.

Shi Jin stared at the divorce certificate in his hand with unbearable pain. His chest felt like a hole, as if a bullet lodged in it, making his heart ache and his lungs constrict.

Mo Yeon also experienced a similar condition. She felt her heart being ripped out of her chest. Blank. Empty. Although she was the originator of the idea for this painful breakup.

Mo Yeon moves toward Shi Jin, wanting to say a final good-bye, but Shi Jin refuses to even glance at her. He left the courtroom in a hurry.

~~~

On the way home, Mo Yeon passed her regular shop. In the past, she and Shi Jin had been there on a double date with Myung Joo and Dae Young. When the two men reportedly 'died' on duty, she and Myung Joo often drank together there.

Now at the same table there is only Myung Joo alone. Mo Yeon, who initially had no intention of stopping by, was suddenly moved to accompany Myung Joo. After all, she also wanted to drink a little.

"Oh?" Myung Joo is surprised by the appearance of Mo Yeon.

"Wow... what kind of mother are you, drinking soju in front of minors," Mo Yeon pointed at Sunny who was sucking milk calmly in the stroller.

Myung Joo lifts the shot glass, then touches it to her daughter's milk bottle, making a toast.

"Michin-eomma," Mo Yeon chuckled while shaking her head as she sat in front of Myung Joo who was laughing.

"We're celebrating Sunny's dad's birthday," Myung Joo patted the soldier doll sitting pretty on her left. On the table in front of the doll was a bowl of rice skewered by a pair of chopsticks, as well as samgyetang.

Mo Yeon was stunned, feeling bad. She shouldn't have stopped.

"Hey, why is your expression like that? Gwencana," then Myung Joo asked the waiter for another glass and plate.

"Oh, today is your and Shi Jin's divorce right?" Myung Joo pours soju into Mo Yeon's glass.

"Yes. I'm officially a widow now," Mo Yeon replied, pouring soju into Myung Joo's glass.

"Congratz."

The two widows toast.

"Which is worse, separated by divorce or by death?" Myung Joo muttered.