One

The loud music suddenly stopped as Ian stepped up onto his coffee table. Aa flamboyant as ever, he grabbed one of Smosh's trophies and used it as a microphone.

"Starting tomorrow, our newest journey begins," he said. "Smosh has been through a lot what with Defy screwing us over and nearly falling apart because of it. Because of our papas and saviors, Rhett and Link, we were able to keep its legacy alive. Now we're moving out on our own to a bright new future of Smosh!"

Everyone cheered together in unison. Though he was slightly drunk and wobbling on the wooden table, Ian was right. The new age of Smosh was beginning in our newest office. I smiled widely as he very quickly changed to his usual goofy self.

"What a guy," I laughed. I said it to no one unfortunately, as I sat by myself on Ian's couch. At this point, everyone was pooped. We had been partying for a few hours at this point.

"Hey, Courtney, what's up?" A familiar female voice appeared behind me. Saige had leaned her arms on the back of the couch to move her face downwards to reach the same level as mine. "What're you doing over here alone?"

"Nothing really," I answered with a shrug. "At this point, I just kinda wanna go to sleep, you know?"

"Yeah, I totally get it," she laughed. "I've got a few drunk people I've gotta chauffeur back to their places. You can tag along with me and Damien if you want."

"No, I'm alright. Thanks for the offer though."

"Hey, Love," Damien approached and wrapped his arm around Saige's waist. Shayne had tagged along but seemed awkward standing there watching them. "You ready to get going?"

"Yeah. You sure, Courtney?"

"Yeah. Thanks though."

"Okay, see you guys at work tomorrow," she said. "Let's go find a few zombies to take home."

The two of them leave and Shayne plops himself down on the couch next to me, propping his feet up on the coffee table that Ian has previously jumped on.

"Don't tell me you're drunk too," I laughed. He laughed too and shook his head to answer me.

"I'm afraid you'll have to wait to see drunk Shayne," he said.

"Aw man!" I groaned with a childish glee. He rolled his eyes and I laughed at him once again. "So, hey, are you heading out?"

"Yeah, might as well," he shrugged. "Since the lovebirds have the designated driving covered, I guess we really don't have anymore reason to be here."

"Yeah. Oh, shit, I forgot that Olivia and I drove here together," I sighed. "You think you could give me a ride?"

"Oh, if I must," he sighed.

The two of us left Ian's house and got into his car. The ride home was mostly silent with the music of the radio lightly filling the silence with mesmerizing lyrics. I found myself nodding along to the music without thinking.

"Hey, mind if I ask you something?" Shayne asked, breaking me out of my musical hypnosis.

"Sure. What's up, Shania?" I replied, turning my gaze over towards his face.

"Are you nervous?"

"About?"

"The future of our job," he said. I could hear how uncertain he was in his voice. "I mean, we're on our own now albeit still under Mythical. The last time Smosh was on its own was when Ian and Anthony were, what, like, twelve?"

"You're scared, aren't you?"

"Well, I wouldn't call it scared. More like...uh, worried?"

"Look, Defy sucked. I think EVERYONE could agree, especially after they shut down without telling us and...well, made a bunch more unfortunate and very stupid mistakes but this is different. We have freedom, the right to make our own content and you can even scream as loud as you want now that Rhett and Link won't berate us about your volume."

"Ah, you're right," he laughed at my last comment. "What drunk Ian said is true. This truly is a new age for Smosh as a whole and it's a great opportunity for us."

"Yeah, now quit the serious talk, Dude," I said with a smile on my face.

"Would you rather I scream as loud as I can in this small car?" He asked.

"Fair enough."

We arrived at my apartment building and I got out of the car. I looked through the window as Shayne rolled it down.

"Thanks for the ride, Shania," I said. "I'll pay you back never."

"Good luck getting another favor from me."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I guess I'll see you at work tomorrow. Night, Dummy," I waved at him through the window. He smiled and waved back.

"Goodnight, Court. See you."

I stood on the curb and watched as be pulled away and drove down the road. I sighed and turned to enter my apartment. My fur babies rubbed up against my exposed legs as I walked in.

"Hello, Babies," I leaned down to pet them both and they purred happily. I walked into my bedroom and laid back on my bed staring up at the ceiling. "Man, what a night."

So the story begins. A new era of Smosh as they enter their new office and a new chapter for everyone. What’ll happen now?