Fifteen (Shayne's POV)

"Hey, man," Damien said as he entered the room and sat next to me on the couch. "Sorry about your date the other night. That really does suck."

"Nah, it's alright," I shrugged. "Thanks to Courtney, I was able to get over it pretty quick."

"That's good. So, what do you plan on doing now? Are you going to try again or...?"

"No, I think I'm done with apps. The only reason I tried to use one was because I got I guess you could say a little desperate for a relationship. I mean, I missed having someone, you know? Well, of course you do. You've got Saige."

"Well, hey, sometimes feelings drive you to do stuff. I mean, you had good intentions it just turns out that the other person didn't."

"Yeah. So, I've just decided to not rush into anything. Courtney made a great point. I have plenty of people around me who could want the same things I do. I've got a ton of people in my life."

"Like Courtney?"

"Courtney?" I looked at him confused but he didn't look like he was at all kidding.

"I was thinking maybe she could provide you with that partnership you want," he shrugged. "You two would look cute together in my opinion."

"That's just your inner Shartney shipper talking," I laughed. "Besides, she and I are really good friends. I don't see us going further than that."

"It could happen. Even if you are really good friends, feelings happen."

"Is this where you're confessing your feelings for me?" I asked. He laughed at my response and shook his head at me.

"You know what I mean, dude." He said.

"I know, I know."

"Well, it's like you said. There are plenty of people who could want the same things that you do. The person you're meant to be with could be right in front of you."

"You really believe in that stuff?" I asked, slightly on disbelief. I was never too big a fan of the idea of soulmates but never ruled it out completely.

"Why do you think I'm so happy with Saige?" He asked. He had a smile on his face as he looked happily into the distance. He was thinking about her, I could tell. "You'll know when you've found the right person, man. Trust me."

"How will I know?"

"Usually the person meant for you is the one who makes you the happiest, someone who supports you no matter what crazy ideas fill that head of yours and someone who you feel nothing but comfort with. That's when you know. Have you ever felt that with anyone before?"

"Well, sure I have-"

"No, have you felt that with anyone before?"

"You just asked that."

"I was making a point. Look, just let my words echo through your mind like a mentor's encouraging speech to the anime protagonist that he only remembers in tough situations. Okay?"

"Sure, whatever you say." I chuckled.

At that moment, Courtney and Saige entered the room. Damien went immediately to Saige to hug and kiss her. Courtney made her way over to the table and sat in a chair a good ways away from me.

"What were you boys talking about in here by yourselves?" Saige asked. "Boy talk?"

"Just anime stuff," Damien said, clearly lying like we were keeping a secret. "What brought the two of you by?"

"I just wanted to see you," Saige smiled. They started giggling at each other and touching noses. I sighed playfully and shook my head in Courtney's direction.

"Get a room!" I said.

"We have one you're just IN it!" Damien retorted with a big smile. We all laughed at his comment together and they just continued to get closer.

"I don't know why Courtney came with. Probably to see you, Shayne," Saige glanced over at Courtney who choked slightly on her drink and quickly turned towards her.

"I just happened to be with you!!" She said. Her gaze turned towards me for a second and quickly returned to Saige. Her face was really red for some reason.

"Oh, there's another reason why I came here," Saige finally let go of Damien and plopped herself onto the couch next to me. "Damien and I were thinking of having a watch party at our place. You want to come? Courtney already agreed."

"Yeah that sounds like fun," I said. "Anything in particular we're gonna watch?"

"We have a list but we aren't going to share it until then," she replied. "Anyway, glad you're on board. Saturday work?"

"Yeah, totally."

"Cool! Can't wait."

The two of them eventually left leaving me and Courtney alone. It was awkwardly silent between us which wasn't normal for us.

"So, uh, got any idea what they're gonna make us watch on Saturday?" I asked, attempting to break the silence.

"Who knows honestly," she chuckled. She looked up from her laptop for a second and then back down as soon as she met my eyes. "They're both into anime so, um, maybe they'll make us watch one?"

"Makes sense." I glanced over at her. She had gotten back to work quickly. "What are you working on?"

"Nothing, really. Just checking emails. Though I was thinking about looking at a script I was working on too."

"Can I look?"

"Huh? Uh...I...guess so."

I stood up and walked over towards her. She had a script typed out on her laptop. Upon reading it, it was pretty good and filled with plenty of the usual Courtney comedy.

"Looks pretty good."

I hadn't realized how close I got to her face until I realized she hadn't replied. I looked over to see her staring down at her keyboard, face as red as a tomato.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked. "Are you feeling sick?"

I moved my hand to check her forehead but she quickly pushed her chair backwards, the wheels turning on the wooden floor.

"I-I'm fine...don't worry about it!" She quickly escaped the room.

"What's up with her?"