Invisible String

"Time. Curious time. Gave me no compasses, gave me no signs. Were there clues I didn't see?"

A "thread of gold" that connects two soulmates and users them together in life.

It is commonly thought as an invisible cord around the fingers of those destined to meet one another in a certain situation as they are "their true love".

Now, this is tricky. Two people may be each other's "true love" and still meet other loves before being together. Maybe, they don't even like each other at first, but still, their flames burn with the same rhythm. Their hearts beat harmonised and in the same symphony.

"I hate you."

"No, you don't. Not even if you tried to with every
fibre of your being."

This story is about love and heartbreak. And loss. And the way a bond grows stronger after it, how love is renewed with time and how it begins again when one allows it. When someone allows oneself to love again.

"Time. Mystical time. Cutting me open, then healing me fine. Were there clues I didn't see?"

"Hell was the journey but it brought me heaven."

"Time. Wondrous time. Gave me the blues and then purple pink skies. [...] And isn't it just so pretty to think all along there was some invisible string tying you to me?"

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Theseus Scamander is a man who loves easily but has pride. Amélie Rosier is not that different from him on that.

Both have had slightly complicated lives, one more than the other. When they met, the sparkle was instantly seen and felt but prejudice leads to misunderstanding, and misunderstanding leads to rough relationships.

When the issues are worked out, the inability to speak the hearts desires will cause such heartbreak that will lead to annoyance and hate, despite having a huge amount of unexpressed love that burns to be told.

With the time, hopefully, those feelings and thoughts will be finally spoken; despite the terrible timing and the situation that the world might be facing, despite death threatening to attack, despite thinking that sometimes it's better to die rather than speak.

"I love you. I do. I feared to tell you, months ago and all those years ago as well. But I do love you. And if those will be my last words, then so be it. I'll be gone in peace knowing that I finally told you."