New Year's Day

December 31st, 1922.
Paris, France.

It was a cold night. It was not as cold as for it to snow, but you could definitely smell a storm coming. Theseus stepped out of the fancy car that had driven him to the event, shivering when a sudden cold breeze embraced him. He moved over to the opposite door and opened it, the hand of his date gripped strongly around his own and she stepped close to him once she was outside the car.

"It's so cold." She said, her face close to his neck.

"I know." He commented and he looked behind them, the visitors entry of the Ministry appeared before them and both stepped inside quickly. Once they were in the building, his eyes landed on a familiar face he was surprised to find in the building. "Hello, Newt."

"Theseus, hi." His eyes met the woman's. "Hello?"

"Hi." She smiled and, damn, Newt was amazed. The woman's too similar to another woman he had seen his older brother walking hand in hand with. "Forgive me, but I must be excused for a moment, I need to find the bathroom."

"Find the bathroom? You work here." Said a familiar voice, Tina Goldstein. She stood beside Newt, when she noticed her mistake, she went serious for a brief second. "Oh, sorry. I mistaken you for someone else." Newt almost laughed.

"No worries."

"The restroom is down that hall to the left." Theseus' date nodded.

"Thank you." She walked away, that's when Tina and Newt looked at Theseus amazed and confused.

"Who the hell is that?" Asked Newt all of the sudden.

"Nice to see you, too, little brother." Said Theseus. "Miss Goldstein, you look amazing." She fixed her baby blue silk dress and smiled.

"Thank you, Mister Scamander." A beat. "And I hope you don't mind me asking this, but I do want to know who the hell is that as well." Theseus sighed. Tina and Newt may seem to be very different people, and they are in so many ways, but they're also very similar. Both are curious by nature.

"She's no one." Said Theseus.

"Merlin's beard, Theseus. How can you bring her to an event like this and say she's 'no one'?" Asked Newt.

"Well, her name's Angela Lawrence, alright? She works at the Ministry, is that what you want to know?"

"Yeah, partially."

"Partially?"

"Boys, no need to cause a scene." Said Tina.

"It's not a scene, Tina." Said Newt. "I just want to know why is my brother now dating Amélie Rosier's doppelgänger."

"She's not her doppelgänger." Tina and Newt remained silent.

"She is." Said Tina and Newt rose his glass before taking a sip of his champagne.

"Stop." Asked Theseus, he breathed in and out and looked at Newt. "Why are you here? You hate coming to the events organised by the Ministries."

"I hate it, yes. But Amélie kindly invited me, so I came. And I met Tina here."

"I've invited you plenty of times before."