Déjà vu

December 31st, 1917.
London, England. United Kingdom.
Theseus Scamander's house.

Another year later, Theseus was promoted to Head Auror of the British office, and that meant being invited to many balls to attend and having a ton more of duties and paperwork to do.

Today, was the New Year's Ball, thrown by the British Ministry of Magic. Many important members of different Ministries had been invited. Here people would meet their friends, celebrate the end of a year and the beginning of the next one...it was going to be a cheerful party.

"Do we really need to go?" Asked Leta from the bathroom. Theseus smiled to himself as he tied his bowtie.

"These are formalities, so, yes." He knew she has never liked social interactions as much as he did. Leta was more like a lone-wolf and introverted being. Even if she was more cheerful and let herself go whenever she was surrounded by those who meant something to her, she'd much rather stay home and be by herself or with the company of one man, himself. And he loved that.

"I really don't think we should go." She said as she walked out, her makeup and hair ready. She was wearing a long white gown that fell behind her back like a cape and her hair was curled, tied into a low bun. Pearls hanged from her ears and were placed around her neck. Theseus turned around to admire the woman much properly than through her reflection in the mirror. "What?" She asked after a second.

"Nothing." He smiled. "You look truly beautiful, that is all." She smiled and he offered his arm when he walked up to her. She looped hers with his and they started to walk out of his place. "Look, it's the first ball I'm invited to as the Head Auror, I have to be there, and I'd like to have you there with me." She nodded. "I promise that, as soon as I meet some people, shake hands and say a few other 'congratulations' all we'll do is dance and you'll have me all to yourself for the rest of the evening."

"Promise?" He grabbed her hand and kissed her knuckles before offering a charming smirk, the kind of smirks only Theseus Scamander could give.

"Promise." She smiled back at him and they hopped into a taxi that would take them to the ballroom. When they arrived, they walked in and immediately felt all the eyes on them. They were the talk of the town.

  Theseus, new Head Auror, and Leta, an assistant of one of the most important departments in the Ministry. Both very important in their own fields, one very cheerful and known for always being there to offer a hand, one that is considered colder and whom seems like a fish out of water in every room she steps in. They were complete opposites, and that made many people want to know what was happening between them.

  They were aware people were whispering about them. Theseus was a bit annoyed by it but Leta was used to it, people did that a lot throughout her years at Hogwarts, but she didn't care that much now. Not when she was with him, at least.

  As promised, Theseus left to talk to some people. Unfortunately, the second he was alone and tried to meet Leta again, many people surrounded him to congratulate him on his promotion and certainly to ask questions, meaning he left Lestrange alone for a longer while.

She grabbed a glass of champagne from a silver trade a waiter was carrying as he walked past her and started walking towards a corner of the room, just to accidentally bump someone in the process.

"My apologies." Said the woman.
"I'm sorry." Leta apologised at the unison. They laughed the awkwardness off.

"No, truly it was my fault, I was walking backwards." Lestrange smiled.

"Escaping from someone?" The stranger laughed.

"How did you know?"

"Let's just say...I'm an expert. I know the tactics." They chuckled and sighed. The redheaded woman nodded and smiled.