Chase & Catch

November 13th, 1920.
New York City, MACUSA (Magical Congress of the United States of America).

A while ago, like it had been mentioned before, a certain Dark Wizard had made his sympathisers attack different places in Europe. He has been raising an army, but no one knew his whereabouts, so far everyone was trying to get his acolytes.

At some point, after there was a strike in Switzerland, Grinderwald was caught with a bunch of his fanatics. However, he managed to escape once more. No one knows where he might have gone to.

  Now, we find ourselves in a tough situation. There was an emergency meeting in the United States, at the Magic Congress. Amélie was there as Head Auror of the French Department, right behind the Minister and next to one of her lifelong friends, Elyna Allard, her right hand in the Bureaux.

In the room there were witches and wizards from all around the world, all of them in silence while the current situation was discussed. And by that I mean the death of a Muggle Senator, killed during his speech earlier that night.

"Our American friends have permitted a breach of the Statue of Secrecy that threatens to expose us all." Said Minister Heinrich.

"I will not be lectured by the man who let Gellert Grinderwald slip through his fingers." Said President Picquery and Rosier had to look down in order not to let anyone see her smiling at the comment, amused.

"Madam President, I'm sorry to interrupt, but this is critical..." The voice of a woman called everyone's attention. When she entered the room and saw all of the wizards and witches that were in there she stopped talking, a concerned look on her face.

"You better have an excellent excuse for this intrusion, Miss Goldstein." Said the President.

"Yes. I do." She stepped closer to the middle of the room. "Ma'am, yesterday a wizard entered New York with a case, this case." She lifted her right hand a bit to make it even more clear. "Full of magical creatures and, unfortunately, some of them have escaped."

"He arrived yesterday?" She nodded. "You've known for twenty four hours that an unregistered wizard set magical beasts loose in New York and you see fit to tell us only when a man has been killed?"

"Who's been killed?"

"Where is this man?" The President avoided Miss Goldstein's question by asking another one. The woman bent down, placed the case on the ground, opened it and knocked on top of it before stepping back. Moments later, a guy appeared from inside the case. He stepped out and looked around, only a second afterwards, another guy appeared and the crowd murmured amongst them.

"Scamander?" Asked the British Minister as the man in the blue coat bent down to close his case after the other man was next to him, and Amélie frowned. That's when she had a better look at the man's face and she realised he look a lot like Theseus.

"Oh, hello, Minister." Said Scamander as he stood up.

"Theseus Scamander? The war hero?" Asked a man from across the room.

"No. This is his little brother." Said the Minister.

"Newt." Rosier said out loud —to herself, though— as she remembered a name that had fallen off of Leta's lips ages ago.

"You know him?" Asked the French Minister to his Auror.

"Not personally, I know his brother." She clarified.

"What are you doing in New York?" Asked the British Minister to the youngest Scamander.

"I came to buy an Appaloosa Puffskein, sir." Said Scamander sarcastically.