Fear

December 10th, 1925.
Nurmengard Castle, Austrian Alps.

"Wake up!" Said a female voice and a sudden slap made Amélie's eyes snap open as she grunted. "Happy birthday, sister. How does it feel being thirty?" Said Vinda as Élie groaned. "Get up, I've organised a little party for you." Amélie's eyes adapted to the light that came in from the corridor and saw Grindelwald, Abernathy, Carrow, Krafft and two familiar faces.

"Queenie." Amélie said as she looked at the blonde woman, her strawberry blonde hair replaced by a very white blonde hair. "Yusuf." She frowned. "What? You...filthy traitor." She tried to have a go at him but Vinda used the Mobilicorpus hex on her and her body started moving against her will, causing her to scream in frustration. "Let me go! What do you want from me?"

"To know." Said Grindelwald.

"Know what? I know nothing." Gellert looked at Vinda and the Cruiciatus curse flew from her wand towards Amélie, whom was writhing in pain midair. Queenie closed her eyes and Kama just looked at the ground. "Please." Amélie cried. "Please." She begged again, this time out of breath.

"Tell me what you know."

"About what? I have no idea what you want from me." More pain inflicted by the curse, which stopped when Élie gasped for air.

"The details of Dumbledore's plan, tell me."

"I was told to meet with him in Berlin and hand in invitations for the tea party and the candidates dinner. But he never showed, the team he had assembled showed up instead. That's all I had to do." She continued crying. "Please." Gellert's eyes looked over his shoulder, towards Queenie.

"Queenie?" Few seconds went by and Queenie finally heard the buzz of Amélie's head, Amélie granted her access knowing Queenie was asked to read her mind, and it was the best she could do to stay alive. At least that's what she thought. Grindelwald's eyes went back to Amélie once Goldstein had nodded. "I want names." She didn't say a word. "Names!" Silence, it felt like a tomb. Gellert looked at Vinda and, in a second, Amélie's cries and screams echoed in the room.

"Please." She cried as air barely made its way to her lungs. "Have mercy." She chose her words carefully, Amélie knows Grindelwald wants to feel like a saviour. He has to be merciful. "That's all I know."

"Give me the names." She cried.

"I can't." She whispered and whimpered. The Cruciatus curse made her skin burn from the inside out. "Please..." Vinda aimed at her again, but Queenie intervened before she could throw the spell again.

"She is telling the truth." Amélie whimpered. "She only knows the Auror, Theseus Scamander." A silence fell upon the room. "It's in her head." She added, then her eyes turned sad as tears streamed down Amélie's face. "She wants to know where this Theseus Scamander is, last time she saw him he was being dragged away." The door of Rosier's mind was shut closed for Queenie, who simply blinked.

"He's dead." Said Grindelwald coldly after a couple seconds spent in pitching silence.

"No...no!" Amélie started crying and screaming louder as she felt her heart breaking. It hurt almost the same way it had hurt when Alexandre fell dead on her arms or when it was his funeral and the coffin went six feet underground, only that the pain was sharper. It felt as if someone had ripped her open and pulled her beating heart out of her chest before crushing it as if it was an empty eggshell. "You lie!"

"Everyone out." He looked at Vinda. "Do what you will with her, try to get as much information out of her before killing her." Queenie walked out as Amélie's screams of pain and heartbreak filled the room. The door closed the second her crying went from a sad cry to a cry of pure pain. Vinda was torturing her again. Goldstein closed her eyes and a pair of tears rolled down her cheeks.