You're On Your Own, Kid

August 12th, 1921.
Paris, France.
Amélie Rosier's house.

Theseus opened his eyes slowly when he felt the surface he was laying on jump. He realised he had fallen asleep on Amelie's chest. The red haired woman had a frown on her face, clearly having some sort of nightmare.

"Hey." He whispered. "Élie. Élie, wake up." He said and shook her shoulder. Her green eyes looked into his when her eyelids opened abruptly. "Hi." She blinked and breathed in and out.

"Sorry." She said.

"Whatever for?"

"I woke you up, didn't I?" He shrugged and laid down slightly away from her, shaking his head. He shivered as his body felt cold the spot where it received the warmth of her own.

"I don't mind." She smiled at him and looked at the clock, 2:30 a.m. She sighed and looked at the ceiling. "What was it about? The dream."

"Last night, the fire...my legs started hurting." Theseus frowned and sat down before he removed the blankets from them. "What are you doing?"

"Cooking." He answered with sarcasm as he started to lift the trousers all the way to her knees. "What do you think I'm doing?" She smiled a bit, their sarcasm and personalities as a whole have always been the same and complementary. He looked at her skin, he remained silent.

"Is it that bad?" He looked at her.

"Meh, fifty-fifty. I expected it to be worse and I am surprised it didn't hurt until now." He stood up. "Do you have a first-aid-kit?"

"Bathroom, underneath the sink." He walked towards the bathroom, opened the door that's under the sink and found a wooden box. He took it with him to the living room, at this point, Élie was already sitting down, taking a look at the wounds.

Theseus sat down and opened the box finding bottles with potions inside. He grabbed a green one with a round top. He shook the bottle as he gently held her left leg and placed it over his lap, then, he looked at her.

"Try to be quiet." He said before removing the cork of the bottle with his teeth, he then held it in his hand.

"I know, this one burns too." He nodded and proceeded to leave a few drops over the wounded skin, she bit her lip and grunted as she squeezed her eyes shot.

"Shh, I'm almost done with this one." He said and moments later, the last drop fell. She breathed out in relief as he placed down her leg and took the other one. "Ready?" Rosier sighed and nodded, a second later, the potion started dropping onto her skin again. She covered her face and let her head fall on the pillow she had been sleeping on and breathed in once he was done. "Crybaby." He placed the cork back into the bottle.

"Shut up, idiot." He smiled at her and grabbed his wand from underneath his pillow.

"Ferula." He said lowly and white bandages were wrapped around her legs. When they were settled, he placed down her trousers and smiled at her. "All done, you should be good as new by the time we wake up again." She smiled back at him.

"Merci, Monsieur."

"No problem." He laid down beside her once he had placed the potion into the box and said box on the coffee table. She closed her eyes and turned to lay on her right side while he just stared at the ceiling before falling asleep again.

Six hours later, at 8:30 in the morning, his blue eyes opened again. He sighed as he felt that he hadn't sleep at all despite doing it for hours, and he frowned when he realised he had scooted closer to Amélie in his sleep. He was hugging her, his arm around her waist and his head just above hers as she is too short compared to him. Her hand was on top of his, taking in the hug unconsciously.