And So It Starts...

September 1st, 1910.
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Scotland, United Kingdom.

Theseus found himself hungry, sitting beside his mates as they all talked. The Great Hall was filled with whispers of concerned students who wondered when would the feast begin and why was it taking so goddamn long.

He looked around, no longer invested in the conversation. He spotted his brother, another young Hufflepuff all the way to the opposite side of the room with a young Slytherin girl. He smiled to himself. Newt has never been a person who likes hanging out with other people, ever since he was a little kid, he has enjoyed more being accompanied by creatures and animals, something he got from their mother. It made Theseus happy to see them together. Leta may not have the best reputation, but, they are good for each other, they care for each other. That made Theseus' heart happy.

It took a moment for him to focus on the conversation again, it was about what should the Hufflepuff Quidditch team should do this year to beat the Ravenclaws. The Captain was asking him to stay close to the ground and pretend every ten minutes to have found the snitch when Professor Aragon stepped on the stand to finally give his speech to start the school year and the feast. Everyone received him with thunderous applause.

"Welcome to another year at Hogwarts, specially, welcome to all the first years. I am sure you will enjoy your time here. The people around you will be like your family for the following years. Now, a few reminders and for the new ones, observations and rules." Theseus sighed and rested his face on his palm as the usual rules the students must follow that he has heard three years prior started. It was not a long list, but that didn't mean it was a fun list. "Now, I have some thrilling news for you lot." Thes incorporated and payed close attention to the Headmaster's words. "This year, we'll have some special guests. Students from two Wizarding Schools will join us, so, help me to welcome our friends from Dumstrang!" The Hogwarts crowd clamoured as the students entered the room with fire figures forming out of their wands and a little dance number. When they stood on rows to the left of the room, Aragon stepped forward again. "And now, welcome our mates from Beauxbatons!"

Theseus clapped, as well as the rest of the students when students wearing what seemed to be the finest silks that were of a lovely tone of blue entered the Great Hall. They all wore a knit felt hat and a cape of the same colour of their dresses and suits. One thing everyone seemed to notice was the way every single girl from that school was beautiful. It was as if they were Greece's mermaids or angels or fairies. When their little dance number had finished, they stood over the right side of the room. The fourteen boys and girls were right in front of the Hufflepuff table.

That's when the headmaster started to explain that, if it hadn't been discontinued, the Triwizard Tournament would take place in Hogwarts this year. However, because they couldn't play the games, the schools decided to host each other to create a healthy relationship between their students. This meant that everyone was taking the same classes and they'd attend Quidditch matches...in less words, there'd be more students this year but nothing was going to change drastically.

While the explanation took place, Theseus studied the features of all the students, specially Beauxbatons' because they were the ones standing closer to his table, and they all smiled at everyone that was in front of them as the tables expanded for them to take a sit. Slytherin's table also expanded to let the Dumstrang students sit.

  Theseus scooted to the left in order to make more room when the girls moved in order to sit down. One in particular sat beside the Scamander boy. A girl with long dark red hair tied with a ribbon that was baby blue as well, making contrast against her mane, her hat covered a side of her face. Something about her was intriguing to Theseus, perhaps the flash of her face when she entered the room.

The food appeared on their golden plates a second after everyone was settled and the feast begun. The chit-chat resumed everywhere, the clattering of the cutlery echoed here and there and the conversations with the foreigners started.

"Hello." He said to the girl sitting beside him. She looked away from her friend, who sat across from her, to meet his gaze. Theseus smiled and she returned the gesture. "I'm Theseus Scamander." He extended a hand and she shook it.

"Amélie Rosier." She said with a lovely french accent. When they let go, she started to eat.

"Pleasure to meet you." She smiled at him once again.

"Plaisir de vous rencontrer, aussi." Theseus simply looked at her and after a cople seconds, he looked at his food. He felt his smile on his lips still. That's when he heard the girls whispering and her friend laughed across from her. He looked at her again, frowned and focused on his plate. He was confused and felt their eyes pinned on him.

"I think she's making fun of you." Said his friend, who sat opposite from the girl, in a whisper after they continued giggling lowly. Theseus looked at him and then at the redhead as he frowned. Was her really? Even if he was only being kind and introduced himself to the stranger? Truth is, she wasn't. She said that it was a pleasure meeting him as well. She was messing with him, though. She replied in French despite understanding what he had said and knowing very well how to speak his language.

"Is she?" Thomas shrugged.

"Why would they laugh if it was otherwise?" He looked at the girls chatting and he was able to see the blonde girl's face, she was eyeing him again. He was unable to see Amélie's face but...it did make sense. Maybe...maybe she was making fun of him.

"Hm." He focused on his food once more and didn't exchange words with her anymore.

When the feast was over, the guests were taken to special rooms where they'd stay for the school year.

"Bonne nuit, Thésée." She said as she stood up, just like the rest of her schoolmates and the blonde girl giggled again. She was making fun of him.

"It's Theseus, Amélie." He said. She gave a head nod.

"Oui, je sais." He frowned and watched them get away. Both girls continued to laugh while they walked away and looked over their shoulders to check if he was still there. What the hell did that all mean? He frowned as they walked away, vividly talking. What snapped him out of his thoughts was a heavy hand falling over his shoulder. He blinked a few times before looking at Thomas, he was laughing.

"Has a lady finally caught our boy's eye?" Asked he. James started laughing as well. Their other companion. Theseus smiled.

"I wouldn't know. We barely talked and maybe you're right. For some sort of reason it did sound like she was making fun of me." Tom chuckled.

"Yeah, well, I'm always right...so." Thes rolled his eyes as they walked towards their Common Room.

"Right. You've been right what? Once in...what?" He counted with his fingers, frowning softly. "Four years?" James laughed at Theseus' teasing. "Because I don't recall any other times, do you James?"

"No. Not once." Tom laughed alongside his mates and punched them afterwards. As they walked, they talked about other things but the girl. Although, Thes couldn't get the french redhead out of his head. He laid down and closed his eyes thinking about those warm green eyes and that dark hair. As well as her smile and her voice. He also couldn't stop thinking about her being somewhat rude.

That wasn't a great first impression, but, that's what happens when there are misunderstandings and when, instead of asking, we believe what other people tell us. When we judge before getting to know. He sighed before he turned to face the window and surrender to his sleep.