Chapter 12

I came back to the dining room Emily was staring at the entrance of the room probably wondering where I had gone. When she saw me She smiled. When I came near her high chair she pointed towards her coloring book and gave me one crayon and said "colour". "K ill colour But first you have to eat." I saw some snot from her nose so I wiped it with her napkin. I took her bowl on the table and put a spoon full near her mouth but she turned her head away and was pushing my hand away. "Emily honey you have to eat something" She shook her head and was about to cry "K K . I dipped my finger and tasted it. I didn't taste too nice. "K Ill make my special dish for you then u have to eat it" "eat" she nodded. I went over to the refrigerator to pull out some ingredients for my chicken and vegetable soup. I made her sit next to me on the counter. She was looking at me as I was cutting the vegetables. I suddenly realizes that Emily may be allergic to something I needed to ask Ethan. I picked Emily and went to Ethan's office knocked and peeped in. He turned towards me with panic in his eyes "what's wrong" "Nothing I was making chicken soup is she allergic to anything" "No did she eat anything" "No I'm making some soup. Hope she eats it." I quickly went back to the kitchen and made the soup once it was ready I blitzed it up I put it in a bowl and put some chips on top. Now was my test. I took a spoonful and blew on it and put in near her mouth she ate it. she looked at me "more?" I asked with hopeful eyes. She nodded. I was overjoyed. After a while I was done feeding her she almost had a bowlful of soup. I quickly measured her medicine and gave her.

Now we began colouring after some time I touched her hand He fever had seemed to subside.

Emily started getting sleepy so I took her to her room and was about to tuck her in when Ethan came in. I moved aside to give them some privacy. I went and started packing my thing in my purse and ready to go.

Ethan came he was scratching the back of his neck, He looked at me I think he was turning red "Errhh Emily wants you to stay back." "Ohh" I looked at Mike. "Stay back Tomorrow Morning I'll pick you up Okay". I nodded Mike left "Ill prepare a guest room for you" "NO need I'll sleep in emilys room" He seemed uncertain "are you sure" "yes" Okay

Ill order a pizza and get you some clothes. I went to Emily's room to tell her Im staying back. She was excited.

I went out he handed me shorts and a T shirt. I think they were his wife's

We sat in the living room and had pizza. We didn't really talk, but it was a comfortable silence. He was watching some news. After I was done I took the clothes and went to the washroom. The clothes were a little long she was definitely taller than me. I went into Emily's room She was already asleep. I tried to be as quiet as possible and slid besides her. She quickly turned towards me and put her hand on me. I too held her and went to sleep.