Chapter 50

It's been a month since Ethan and Emily were over at my place. He told me to think about the possibility of us. I have been thinking, but I haven't told him my decision. I am hoping to tell him tonight.

It's my Birthday and Mike has planned a big party in our San Francisco house and against his wishes I have invited Ethan today along Emily of course.

I smoothen out my purple backless dress before I spray some perfume and go downstairs.

After an hour of meeting people and accepting their wishes, I take a glass of champagne and move towards the balcony upstairs.

I breath in the fresh air away from the music and hustle inside, just the cool breeze caressing my face playing with my hair.

I feel a presence behind me, "bored already?" I smile "your late", "I thought I should give you a taste of your own medicine, making you wait." I narrow my eyes and look at him. He smiles, and opens his arms. "Happy Birthday Love." He wraps his arms around my waist and I do the same and rest my head on his chest, "thank you" he kisses my forehead. We stay like that for some time, enjoying the view.

I made my decision Ethan, he stiffens for a moment, we pull out of our embrace and stand face to face I can make out he is nervous, and what I say next may not ease his nerves.

He looks at me expectantly; I choose my words wisely. Ethan...our marriage was not real, but I fell in love with you and I still love you, but I thought it over,

I... I can't give you a second chance. I looked at him he looked dejected, he nodded slowly.

I want to start over. He nodded trying to take in all that I have said.

I understand Belle, I understand where you're coming from. He nodded once again, and took out a small box from his suit jacket, he kept the box in my hand and turned to leave.

He took a step and turned back, "Wait What did you say?", I had a confused expression "What?" Trying hard to bite back my smile.

He shook his head confused what did you say, "I can't give you another chance," after that I bite my lip saying slowly "I want to start over."

His eyes lit up, and face broke out into the most beautiful smile I've ever seen, he cane towards me and lifted me off my feet and spun me around and then smashed his lips against mine.