Chapter 16

Ethan's POV

This is taking a lifetime. First I was quite certain that Emily will have forgotten about Belle since they haven't met for months. But whenever I'm playing with her or getting her dressed she keeps asking if Belle has called to go dress shopping or when she would see her cartoons she would tell me she wanted that type of dress. She also wanted me to take her to Belle's house to play but I refused.

Yesterday I got call from Belle for "dress shopping" and today I'm here. They have been deciding for two hours now and they have still not selected anything. I even went outside and took a walk around the block. I left Emily as she was excited looking at all the dresses.

Finally, we decide to go across and have lunch. Emily insisted that she sits next to Belle. I ordered her favorite fried chicken, but when Belle's tacos came Emily was looking at it she had never had a taco before, but she loved it and Belle kept feeding her and they kept laughing at all the sauce around their mouth and belle took some selfies too.

Now we go back to the dress shopping. Belle selected one dress for Emily and she loved it she wore it and twirled and she was blushing. She ran and hugged my legs I picked her up and kissed her, then she went down and hugged belle.

Sometimes I look at them and wonder if, I'm I depriving Emily from a mother's love.

Next Belle went to try on some more gowns OH God I hope she finds a dress fast. I turned towards the window. After some time, I heard Emily squeal. I turned around to check Emily, she was looking at Belle with wide eyed, I too looked at Belle.

I couldn't take my eyes off her. She looked beautiful, she has a dress with lace and it hugged her body till the waist and then had some flare. She would make a very beautiful bride. One of the employees then brought a veil and put it on her head.

Suddenly I felt someone tugging my pants. I looked down to find Emily, "Belle is so pwetty I carried her "yes".

"Elle Daddy said you are pretty." What ??This girl, I shook my head, Belle looked wide eyed and smiled I think she was blushing Or maybe it is my imagination.

Anyway we were finally done.

"You come for birthday" Emily asked Belle with her puppy eyes. I rolled my eyes Emily was inviting Belle for her birthday "When?" "tomorrow tomorrow" she said bouncing in my arms Belle was confused, she looked at me for clarification "Day after tomorrow". She looked at me with a knowing look "No Emily ....Im busy I have work" Emily pouted "can u come after." Belle was a loss of words and looked at me "We will work something out belle will come for your party." I said looking at Belle. Soon they said their goodbyes and I carried Emily and left. I had just about turned out of the parking "ELLE" Emily screamed.