9

———

———

"It's odd that there aren't more posts about me." Ruby sees blocking the take notice board from everyone else. Anne, Diana, and Ansley all walk back home.

"How many notices today for you?" Diana says towards Anne. Ansley is too into her own thoughts to focus on what they are saying.

"I think i saw at least three" Anne replied and the two girls laughed which snapped Ansley out of her thoughts and the girls laughed again.

"I think you may get a post from Charlie soon" Ansley says, "I notice the way he looks at you, I am friends with the guy" she finishes, nudging Anne a little. 

The girls talked all the way home. The two girls part their ways with Anne. But Diana tells Ansley to go on ahead without her and she does so. Ansley makes it home. Greeting no one but herself. 

She goes to sleep early, didn't even make dinner. 

It was morning and a school day she didn't look forward to. But it didn't matter, at this point she was in despair.

As she arrived she saw Anne and Diana already there. She didn't care if she walked with them everyday or not. But again Ansley is always late.

Ansley walks in a sees Moody and Charlie and goes sit over by them. "Ansley! Charlie just told me he put a notice for Anne" Moody explains nudging Charlie. 

"I knew it, you do like her" Ansley replied all excited. Although she knows how Anne feels about Gilbert. She is a little sad for Charlie. Speaking of Anne.

"Good Morning, Anne" Charlie greets a speeding Anne with Diana in hand.

"Busy! Sorry" Anne exclaims then rushes towards the group of girls walking in.

Ansley is to focus on Moody and Charlie to bother hear what they are saying. Most likely about the dance. Ansley is not to excited about that dance. Moody hasn't even asked her. Giving he can't dance anyway. Still he should have asked, or at least tell her he was going to ask.

The boys are talking about dancing, the girls are talking about dancing, Ansley is just trying to study. She is just sitting there trying to study and all she can think about is "dancing" and "touching."

Ansley left school before the girls. Hurrying home to an empty house. On her way to her usual path she spots a familiar boy.

"Jerry?" Ansley speaks out, towards the boy. He comes out from behind the tree and smiles a little. More or less a "i've been caught" smile. "What are you doing here?"

"Uhh, waiting for the trees to grow" The boy says with his strong French accent. "Okay, that was a lie. I'm here waiting for Diana" he says sheepishly. 

"Diana, what do you have to do with-" Then it clicked in Ansley's head. Diana and Jerry, and odd match at best. "You and" Ansley questions the boy.

"Diana" He finishes. He nods and Ansley just waves goodbye and proceeds home, shocked as ever. As Ansley was walking she heard footsteps behind, It was Jerry. "I will await at her house for her" He said before Ansley could reply. She continued walking and he followed.

Soon they departed and Ansley got home and cleaned the house a little. Earlier she invited Anne, Diana, and Ruby to her house and they all agreed. So soon then later they all showed up.

They are all sitting in the living room laughing and talking about boys. "So Charlie" Ansley begins but before she can continue Anne stops her.

"No no no, and NO!" Anne stops. Not wanting to hear more about Charlie.

"Ansley, Did you ever have someone back in New York" Diana questions, maybe thinking about Jerry. This question did snap Ruby out of her thoughts about Gilbert.

Ansley nods and the girls exclaim with laughter and screams. "Tell us about him" Ruby with almost heart eyes asks. 

"Well, his name is Isaac, Isaac Crane" Ansley says, "He was a mere childhood friend, but don't let his charm stop you" Ansley chuckles "It was a hard goodbye, my parents had an arranged marriage with him and his parents agreed. We didn't want the marriage but at the same time we did, almost like we will be together forever if we ever did get married" Ansley stops, not wanting to say more. Her past shouldn't dictate how she is now "Besides there is Moody now" She smiles.

The girls talk and laugh more then head home. Ansley makes herself dinner and heads to bed. Not wanting to dance tomorrow. Or ever.

A/N

This chapter was just to introduce someone that will be coming into play in part 2! really short chapt. 770 words i know. Next chapter will be long. After part 1 is finished ill be working on a second fanfic. Tim from Grand Army or Jeremiah from The summer i turned prettyi have a lot of fanfics planned out so i hope you will enjoy that one! Take care!!