26

Not proof read...
This gets kind of angsty- just to warn you Felix has some very self depreciating thoughts.

"I'm his boyfriend."

Felix wasn't sure why he said that. A part of him felt extremly guilty for lying but otherwise he wouldn't have gotten in the room.

Now that leaves him sat quietly next to changbins bed, waiting for him to wake up. He'd already called chan and apprently him and the rest of the council were at another school...3 hours away.

So now he's the one who has to watch over changbin.

The nurse said the head injury luckily hadn't caused any permanent or lasting damage. Unfortunatly changbins arm and leg were broken.

It was...strange seeing him this way. Changbin's face was perfectly relaxed, gone the hard scowl he would constantly wear...he actually looked kind of sweet.

But no, changbin was rude to him. Felix wasn't just going to fold because Changbin happened to have an attractive face.

Although, there's probably a lot about Changbin he doesn't know. What makes him so distrustful. Its not his place to pry mind you, Felix isn't even his friend.

Felix picked up his feet and put his head between them. Its stupid to think he can please everyone. But he can't help the ache he gets in his chest when someone so close to the rest of the council despises him.

"I'm so stupid." Felix whispered to himself. He took a quick glance at changbin, he was still asleep.

The best thing he can think of doing is making up an excuse to chan and leaving. Yeah thats a good idea.

Changbin would be angry if he woke up and saw Felix by his bedside. Especially looking so vulnerable.

As carefully as possible Felix got up from the chair, mindful to not make any noise. Grabbing his bag off the floor, the memory of dropping it earlier turned from embarrassment to a feeling of bitterness. Why did he say changbin was his boyfriend?

Hes so disrespectful.

Felix tip toed his way to the door, with a sigh he took one last glance back at Changbins sleeping form. Seeing that he hadn't moved an inch, Felix slipped through and out of the hospital room.

Why did he ever think it was a good idea to play hero? Life doesn't work that way. Sadly, Felix walked down the corridor. Unable to stop tears leaking down his cheeks.

Its a ridiculous concept, that he thinks everyone will just like him. In a school like that where he's just on a scholarship and barely made it in. If he doesn't pass his next maths exam he's going to be kicked out.

He shouldn't spend so much time doing this, playing friends with people. The student council is so nice, but Felix has forgotten his overall goal which was to get better at maths.

How could he allow himself to get so distracted.

Felix hadn't realised he'd stopped walking, the corridor was silent apart from his own crying. He's not sure why he hasn't left yet, hasn't been able to push through that final door that would separate him and changbin at last.

A man who berated him and made him feel like shit.

Felix wiped his eyes. Took two steps forward.

Once he got through this door he'd be gone. Felix won't join the council, he'll study instead. He doesn't need them to tutor him.

Just one more step.

"Felix..."

That wasn't- it couldn't-

Felix turned round, low and behold, there was Changbin himself. Heavily leaning on the wall with his good arm. He looked awful.

"Felix." He whispered again, a little louder than before. Despite the volume of it being so quiet, it rang around their shared space.

"O-oh Changbin," Felix mumbled, furiously wiping his eyes, "I didn't realise youd be awake, I was just coming to check on you."

"You look like you're walking away." Chamgbin said, his expression was confusing. There was still that angry scowl, but it was almost overtaken by an overwhelmingly dejected expression.

"Well yes you see i-" Felix had nothing to say to that.

Changbin continued to stare at him, until his face twisted with a flash of pain. Felix was rushing over to him before his brain could even catch up with the movement.

Just as changbin began to fall, Felix caught him by the shoulders.

Felix helped him back into his hospital room, lying him back down with a heavy heart.

Soooooo

Interesting results on the vote.

A tie????

Option 1 was that Felix would walk away and changbin would stay asleep

Option 2 was Felix would cry by changbins bed side

So as you can see I mushed them both together and created this chapter. Hahaha.
I saw a few comments wanting changbin to cry but its too early. Hehehehe

Also I know this chapter was kind of heavy and I'm sorry if it made anyone sad