Take A Chance On Me {10}

When I saw Callum at school the next day, it was actually weird for me. I felt something….inside of me change a little bit, and it kept me awake the night before. The more I thought about him the more this…thing inside of me stirred. I had no idea what it was, but it felt deeper than plain attraction.

Aw hell, do I like like Callum?! I sound like third grader. But that’s the only way I know how to phrase it in my mind. I have three variations of liking someone: One, I think they are incredibly delicious and I want a piece o’ dat. Two, they interest me mentally and physically, and I want to get to know more about them. Third and finally….well, I haven’t exactly figured it out yet, seeing as I’m feeling it towards Callum for the first time. It started off with number one, and then skipped right to this. My ex Brandon? He stopped at the very beginnings of stage two. You don’t wanna know what happened there.

I rubbed my temples, slamming my locker and turning away from my view of Callum. Step one: stop staring at him and his bodacious booty.

“What’s wrong, Tate? Got a headache from being stupid?” I turned to glare at Craig, adjusting my books.

“The hell, Craig? Why are you talking to me? You never talk to me.” He immediately dropped the jerk face and shrugged, looking uncomfortable.

“What, I can’t talk to my own big brother?” I snorted at that, walking past him.

“Don’t pull that crap with me, Craigy. We both know you haven’t considered me any form of brother in the past four years.” He kept pace beside me, fidgeting.

“I haven’t done anything to you.” I stopped in my tracks, looking at him in disbelief.

“Um, key words? Haven’t done anything. Where were you all those times I was locked in that god forsaken cupboard, throwing up and hyperventilating?” I snapped, and he flinched, scowling.

“Whatever, okay? I was just-never mind.” He stormed away, hands in his pockets. Pathetic. I turned back around to continue walking to class when-“Ah!” I ran into a rather, firm chest. I looked up, rubbing my nose.

“Hey Callum.” He looked at me in amusement, stepping back a little.

“Uh, hi. What was all that about?” I froze.

“You didn’t hear any of that, did you?” He shook his head, and I sighed in relief.

“It was nothing, just sibling rivalry.” I shrugged it off, though it was much more complex than that.

“Okay. I was wondering, d-did you want to sit with me and Natalie at lunch today? I know you don’t have anyone to sit with so-”

“That’d be great!” I said enthusiastically, and he gave me a tiny smile. He has such a nice smile, he should smi-NO. Not going down the girly road.

“Alright then. See you.” He walked away, putting his hood over his head. Dat ass. Damn it Tate, quit perving!

I made my way to my own class, thinking. He didn’t look very comfortable inviting me to sit with him, which is curious. I know the guy has like one friend, but is he really that uncomfortable with making new friends? That’s what this is right, the beginnings of a friendship? Or maybe it’s just me he’s uncomfortable with. Yeah, that’s probably it.

By the time lunch rolled around, I was far too eager to sit with Callum. Okay, Natalie will be there too but I’m planning on denying the fact that she exists in this world.

I practically skipped to lunch, and wasn’t paying attention when a foot stuck out and I fell to the ground, landing harshly on my arm. I winced, pushing myself up to look up at Tabitha and Rupert.