Take A Chance On Me {18}

I panicked as I watched Callum storm away, a furious look on his face.

“Callum, wait! Where are you going? Please tell me you aren’t about to do what I think you are.” I ran after him, shoving people out of the way. He had gone out of the cafeteria by now, and I rushed to catch up to him. When I got out of the cafeteria I looked ahead, seeing Callum demanding people tell him where he could find Eric.

“Oh boy.” I muttered, making my way down the hall and right next to him, grabbing his arm.

“Would you relax?! It’s not that big of a deal!” I shouted, but he just wrenched his arm away and continued on his warpath. I was about to stop him again when I caught sight of Eric and Ashley down at the end of the hall, looking fearful. Callum saw them too, and didn’t waste any time in going over there.

“Crap!” I ran in front of him and tried to stop him but that was as successful as pushing on a wall with a flower. He just plowed right through me and stood face to face with Eric, who looked slightly pale but arrogant. I yanked Ashley out of the way just before Callum slammed Eric against the wall roughly, his arm pressed to his collarbone.

“W-What do you want?!” Eric exclaimed, his voice shaky. Callum just glared and pointed to me.

“I don’t want anything from you. Except maybe your blood on my hands.” Callum said, his voice low and dangerous. I gulped, looking back and forth between them with wide eyes. I had never seen Callum like this before. To be honest, it was scaring the ever loving crap out of me.

“What did I do?! I didn’t even say anything to you all week!” Eric yelled, his breathing heavy and sweat trickling down his forehead.

“Oh, I’m not talking about for me. For Tate. I told you not to touch him. You don’t listen very well. But you know what, I’m not cruel. I won’t just beat you to pulp; I’ll give you a fighting chance. What do you say? After school by the dumpsters?” Callum offered, sounding dangerously calm. Eric nodded shakily, looking like he wanted puke and then move to Nebraska for safety.

“Good.” He slammed him against the wall once more before walking away, fists still clenched.

“Oh my god, Tate, he is crazy! He’s going to kill him!” Ashley shook my arm, just as shocked as everyone else was. I pushed her off, shaking my head.

“No, he isn’t. Not that I would care much either way.” I shoved through the crowd that had formed, going after Callum. I found him outside the school, leaning on the side of the building with a closed off expression.

“What in the name of Mother Teresa was that!? Do you have roid rage or something?” I asked, looking up at him. He just shifted, turning his head away. Sighing, I leaned on the wall next to him.

“I get that you were defending me or whatever, but that was a little much don’t you think? He is probably pissing himself right now. Which isn’t so bad, but you aren’t really going to pummel him are you?” I thought about Eric going head to head with Callum and almost felt bad for him. Almost.

“Yes. I am. I won’t take anymore crap from him, and I won’t let you take it either. You get it from enough people; you don’t need it from Eric the delinquent mouse boy.” I snickered at that, but looked at him confused.

“What…what brought all this on though? He’s done worse to me and you stayed calm. What made you snap? I didn’t even know you had all that rage inside you.”  He sighed, covering his hands with his face.

“I…I can’t tell you. You’ll hate me, be afraid of me I just-I can’t.” He slid down the wall, arms resting on his knees with a pained expression on his face. I sat next to him.